Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double push chair weight issue, help!!!

(2 Posts)
francohoops Thu 25-Oct-12 22:00:43

Our 2nd baby is due in Jan. We already have a 2.5 y/o and have just purchased the Britax, B-Dual double pushchair.
Our issue is that our 2.5 y/old is 17kg, and the recommended max weight on the B-Dual is 15kg!
What should we do? We love the B-Dual but if it won’t take the weight of our son and newborn then it obviously isn’t suitable.
Has anyone had a similar issue, or have any recommendations? We don’t want to spend a fortune as our son won’t be in the pushchair for long as he’s a great walker.
Thanks in advance
F

Tiggywunkle Thu 25-Oct-12 22:05:15

I believe that UK pushchairs are tested to a minimum of one and a half times the weight stated plus pushchairs in the UK only have to be tested to 15kgs....it costs a lot of money to test beyond that and manufacturers dont need that extra certification to put pushchairs up for sale.

Given you already have the B-Dual I suggest you use it now in single mode and work out whether you feel confident using it (a small newborn isn't going to make much difference for the first 6 months). I personally have used the B-Dual with a similar weight child and large baby and I was fine - but that was my decision. Do what you feel is right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now