Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

travel system help

(8 Posts)
orangeshortbread Fri 19-Oct-12 16:13:42

I am 30 weeks pregnant with my first and I am completely overwhelmed by the choices of travel systems available! Please would some wise MNers help me out with recommendations?!
I am looking for something not too bulky/heavy as we don't have a lot of room for storage and something easy to manage (eg folds easily, not too hard to push). I also want something that will be comfy for the baby and either that comes with a carseat or has the capacity to fit one. Obviously we also want something durable that will not wear out quickly - possibly reusable if we have baby no 2 in a few years' time. I'm not on a hugely tight budget but only want to pay for the higher prices if the price is really worth it.
I've spent a couple of hours reading reviews and I feel back at square one! Please share your recommendations or other things to take into account that I might not have considered. Thank you!

ps saw a good deal online on quinny 3 buzz package but getting the impression from reviews that it is not highly thought of?

stargirl1701 Fri 19-Oct-12 16:16:29

We have a Stokke. I love it. Fits pram, pushchair and car seat. Baby star's favourite place other than on Mum! I have some lumbar issues so the height is really good for my back. Quick to collapse. It comes with a 3 year guarantee.

Tiggywunkle Fri 19-Oct-12 18:13:34

I would steer clear of the Buzz TBH. Its wide, heavy and there's better out there.

Look at the iCandy Cherry, Peach and Strawberry; the Baby Jogger City Mini and Versa; the Uppababy Vista and Cruz; the Bugaboo Bee and Cameleon; the Mutsy Evo and Babystyle Oyster and there's probably more I would add but that should start you off!

rogersmellyonthetelly Sun 28-Oct-12 10:30:02

Most modern pushchairs will take a car seat with adapters. I second tiggy with the buzz, it's not small, light or easy to store, the basket is pointless and the hood too small to be any real protection.
Zapp xtra might be worth looking at, but not if you want to take it off a pavement.

Tiggywunkle Tue 30-Oct-12 09:00:05

Can you give us more information? What you have put above most people want. Do you walk a lot? Do you want parent facing? What's your budget?
Have a look at the iCandy Cherry and Peach, the Baby Jogger Versa, the Uppababy Vista, the Bugaboo Bee and Cameleon, the Mutsy Evo, the Babystyle Oyster and Oyster Max given you are thinking of another child, and the Joolz Day to start you off. There's a range of prices there along with good pushchairs smile

Natashamay1982 Thu 01-Nov-12 15:06:20

I went through about 4 travel systems before settling on the Zia 4+ - I love it as its really lightweight and also came with a cocoon and car seat. It also folds up really small.

DonnaH678 Fri 02-Nov-12 14:34:15

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Tiggywunkle Sat 03-Nov-12 00:02:56

I have to say I saw the Mee-Go this week and was really impressed by it! The fold was very neat and its lightweight. The pushchair converts into a carrycot so its cheaper. The seat removal is a little awkward but all round it looked good. I liked the colours too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now