Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Icandy peach 2

(14 Posts)
apachepony Mon 15-Oct-12 13:46:33

Hi, already have a thread but just wanted opinions on this pushchair! But pissed off about how icandy seem to want to screw money as much as possible out of people eg can't use single carry cot for double - but anyway...
1. Has anyone converted peach 2 to blossom yet? Can it the easily be converted back to single if need be?
2. Has anyone used blossom carry cot on single chassis? Is it likely to be unstable?
3. Anyone seen the colours? Would silver mint get dirty easily?

Ihateparties Mon 15-Oct-12 18:13:34

Hummm
1 - yes, the conversion to double is by way of adaptor bars so they can be taken off at will so as to use it as a single. They need to be taken off to fold it in fact so single to double is very simple.
2 - I hear tell you can use the blossom 2 upper carrycot on the chassis as a single. It's not safety tested but it's what I would do, the money grabbing aspect really turns me off icandy too really. If you're asking if you can use the lower carrycot on the chassis as a single then I really don't know if it's physically possible or not. Someone will though..
3 - The silver mint did seem quite pale but I can't really remember well enough as it's 6 months since I saw it in person. I would get it dirty... that's not to say you would!

That help?

apachepony Mon 15-Oct-12 20:36:34

That's great help! Shame they discontinued the old colours - the shop is telling me I can still get them but icandy itself is saying I cannot! Would have to be black magic then I guess...what were you favourite colours when you saw them? You prob don't remember...god, I feel like such a pram nerd at this stage...

Ihateparties Mon 15-Oct-12 21:03:15

Are you looking for boy, girl or unisex? One of the nice things about the other money grabbing new set up where the liners no longer come with is that you can mix the colours to suit, or liven up the black magic.

here is a good photoset of the new colours and the combinations together.

Far as I am aware you can only get the old colours in the blossom 1 converter, you can I think technically have a peach 2 in the old colours but just the single - so main seat and main carrycot. All the blossom 2 double kits are the new colours.

apachepony Mon 15-Oct-12 22:13:29

This baby's a boy, but ideally would like something unisex. Guess there's not much point getting a colour that can't be converted.

apachepony Tue 16-Oct-12 11:17:00

Would it be mad to get it in sweet pea now (if possible) with the aim of converting with silver mint? Silver and blue should coordinate...would probably badly affect resale value though...

Tiggywunkle Tue 16-Oct-12 11:35:14

Ihateparties has really replied already but here goes:

1.) The Peach is a single pushchair but two bars get added really easily and the second seat drops on. So is a true single pushchair but with an add on seat. It's one of my favourite single and double pushchairs partly because of the ease of switching between single and double mode, and ease of altering the harnesses for each child.
2.) The Peach Blossom 2 carrycot fits in single mode but it is not safety tested. I know people using it but I am not recommending it. But it does fit and work. iCandy say that the main carrycot is the best carrycot for simple mode.
3.) I don't think I would buy silver mint, but I have also had some off white pushchairs and they have survived. You can buy new hoods if you ever needed to. I would buy black and put whatever colour liner inside that you want (see my reply on the other thread). Given my reply to 2.) above, you may wish to think about whether buying a black Blossom carrycot ( or even silver mint given you only use it for six months ).
You can mix and match so have the Peach in Sweetpea and then add on a silver mint blossom kit later. I wouldn't worry about resale as you simply resell the two parts ie single Peach, and blossom kit seperately. If you need to tie to the two together later then you can always buy a silver mint liner for your Sweetpea seat and a Sweetpea one for your silvermint blossom kit ...but the lower seat liner would then be a little baggy, but it's fine.

apachepony Tue 16-Oct-12 14:44:42

Thanks tiggy and ihateparties, massively helpful as always. So I could mix tomato with black or sweet pea with silver - both should look nice. Important since a lot of what attracts me to the peach is its looks! Shop owner still massively of the opinion that vista is the best option, but he's in a rural town where I assume most people have cars hence maybe why he thinks everyone would use a carseat to transport second baby around. I live in city and carseat not great if I want to spend long days walking around

Ihateparties Tue 16-Oct-12 19:53:01

I walk all the time too so it wouldn't have worked for me either, the car seat thing. The Vista is a very highly rated single, I don't hear much about it as a double at all but there must be people out there who have done it. A lot of tandems are not great for a newborn and a toddler, which seems ridiculous to me. The ones where neither seat is suitable from birth etc. confused

Tiggywunkle Tue 16-Oct-12 20:38:03

I know...manufacturers need to realise that the time you are most likely to need a double for siblings is when you have a newborn on board and the elder child is at their youngest - often still newly toddling / under two. It's no good presenting a tandem option where the eldest can't be on board until six months down the line - probably when the elder is more likely to want to start walking alongside a pushchair. Any pushchair that can't take two children is unlikely to be suitable for newborn twins either. A tandem
pushchair IMHO needs to carry a newborn and toddler as a minimum.

apachepony Tue 16-Oct-12 22:34:01

Yes, as you say constantly read great reviews about vista, but as a s

apachepony Tue 16-Oct-12 22:39:29

As a single - people talk about bumble seat but few have used it! Vista seems to have really taken off over here in last year so guess most people haven't got to the stage of using the bumble seat. It really does look like a great single pushchair

hev154 Mon 22-Oct-12 14:36:38

Hi, I have to admit as an icandy customer i wouldnt say that they are 'screwing' people out of money. The store explained quite a bit to us about the products such as the carrycots when we had our demo, lynn (the lady from the store) said that the reason the double carrycots are not to be used as singles is becoz the main carrycot is the best option for single, the space in in it etc and that the double carrycots are made that little bit smaller so that they can fit in double mode. Me & Hubby were in the same position, we wanted to buy a pram that can be an investment and can be used long term (second baby) we fell in love with the peach, we have purchased the sweet pea with the aim to purchase the black magic converter kit in the future. We are going to get a sweet pea liner as well for the lower seat so they go together...I do get carried away as the first little one hasent entered the world yet lol. but it never hurts to think ahead ;) I have quite a few friends who have purchased icandys (i'm the last in a big group of ladies to fall pregnant, but we got there in the end smile ) and all my friends love the quality of their icandys. As its mentioned here on the thread, I think people must still be at the single stage of the Vista or not many people of bought a double, I know of one lady who have the vista in a double and even she said she feels that the icandy in double mode offers more than the vista (her mother-in-law insisted on buying it for her first grandchild,so she was kinda stuck with it.) I cant wait for my little one to finally get here, bubba has been a long wait as previously mentioned, not only that I am thrilled we can spoil it with an icandy pram! smile

Tiggywunkle Mon 22-Oct-12 22:49:05

I have used the Vista rumble seat hence knowing its problematic. You can't fit a carrycot on with it, so where does the toddler go at the time when you really need two seats most? Once the baby is big enough to go into the rumble seat, you then have to decide whether to have the children facing each other or leave the toddler hidden behind the baby where you can't see them. I have a 21 month gap between my children and by 2 and a half my eldest was pushing the upper weight limit. With a usual pushchair seat I wouldn't worry so much about weight limits but I didn't honestly feel that I could go beyond the weight limit on the rumble seat. I tried to put my youngest in the rumble seat but he fell asleep with the most alarming head loll I have ever seen because the seat is so upright.
So, its a seat you can only use after the carrycot stage, with a child under the weight limit, and who doesn't nap. In reality this could be a long time with a low weight child, or a short time with a heavier child and may well not be suitable if your eldest naps well into toddlerdom!!

The Peach Blossom - or other "proper" tandems meanwhile can cover all stages of having two children without much compromise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now