Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Sit up position for umbrella strollers

(5 Posts)
Louindevon Mon 15-Oct-12 13:17:32

I have just bought a 'new' triumph stroller from Ebay and really wished I had done my research before buying as having just unwrapped it and tried my 22 month little boy in it, I find that the 'sit-up' position is practically lying down! I'm so upset!

Is there any way of lifting up the seat back, or is that just it? I fear I have wasted alot of money as he just kept wanting to sit upright...

So, next question, (if it cannot be altered) is, is there a lightweight umbrella stroller on the market that does have a true sit-up position?

I would really appreciate your help on this, thanks guys!

Lou x

janek Mon 15-Oct-12 13:47:26

do you mean one of these? because unless the stroller is damaged in some way so it won't go upright then i don't think you'll get a stroller that goes more upright - it should already be quite upright...

ceeveebee Mon 15-Oct-12 13:52:47

I have an umbrella stroller that has a strap recline. Is there a strap across the back of the seat with a plastic buckle thing - if so have you pulled the strap as tight as it can go?

Louindevon Mon 15-Oct-12 14:01:10

Yep, its a triumph, and yep, I've tightened the strap as far as it will go and he's still very reclined! We got this to replace a cheapy Argos one we had been given and he was sat far more upright in that one.

Wondering whether anyone has a stroller and a child over 1, and finds it sits upright enough? I would be really grateful to hear of a recommendation (we don't have many retail oppportunities in North Devon to view a range of pushchairs...)

Many thanks

milk Tue 16-Oct-12 10:05:29

Sounds to me like your buggy might be faulty. Try out a model in a shop to see if this is the case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now