Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Britax B-Dual: Can the fabrics and soft carry cot be machine washed?

(4 Posts)
eversomuch Mon 15-Oct-12 12:18:27

I'm racing the clock to get everything ready for DS's arrival in two weeks. Struggling now to figure out how/if the fabrics on my new Britax B-Dual can be removed for washing. Can anyone advise?

Also, has anyone tried machine washing the soft carry cot with all the supports removed? It says to wipe with a damp cloth, but I'd really rather wash it properly if possible.

Thank you!

squeezeemout Tue 16-Oct-12 20:45:46

Sorry to butt in, I don't have a clue but with 4 weeks to go & a 2nd hand b-dual need the same answers too! I'm sure someone will come along & help us soon x

eversomuch Tue 16-Oct-12 22:14:43

squeezeemout I emailed Britax customer care and they said: "The fabrics on our pushchairs and accessories can only be wiped clean with a clean damp cloth, they cannot be removed and washed."

Grrr, I really hate the brand-new chemically smell that fabrics often carry, so prefer to machine wash as much as possible. I did put the soft carry cot through a gentle wash cycle and it seems to have come out fine. I'll know for sure once I put all the support pieces back in place tomorrow.

Good luck to you on your four-week countdown!

squeezeemout Wed 17-Oct-12 20:30:55

Thanks, I think I might just go for it, and take the risk..... need to make it smell like us!
how annoying though, who would design a pram you can't machine wash, sponging won't remove baby spew & chocolate properly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now