Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Britax B-Dual: Can the fabrics and soft carry cot be machine washed?

(4 Posts)
eversomuch Mon 15-Oct-12 12:18:27

I'm racing the clock to get everything ready for DS's arrival in two weeks. Struggling now to figure out how/if the fabrics on my new Britax B-Dual can be removed for washing. Can anyone advise?

Also, has anyone tried machine washing the soft carry cot with all the supports removed? It says to wipe with a damp cloth, but I'd really rather wash it properly if possible.

Thank you!

squeezeemout Tue 16-Oct-12 20:45:46

Sorry to butt in, I don't have a clue but with 4 weeks to go & a 2nd hand b-dual need the same answers too! I'm sure someone will come along & help us soon x

eversomuch Tue 16-Oct-12 22:14:43

squeezeemout I emailed Britax customer care and they said: "The fabrics on our pushchairs and accessories can only be wiped clean with a clean damp cloth, they cannot be removed and washed."

Grrr, I really hate the brand-new chemically smell that fabrics often carry, so prefer to machine wash as much as possible. I did put the soft carry cot through a gentle wash cycle and it seems to have come out fine. I'll know for sure once I put all the support pieces back in place tomorrow.

Good luck to you on your four-week countdown!

squeezeemout Wed 17-Oct-12 20:30:55

Thanks, I think I might just go for it, and take the risk..... need to make it smell like us!
how annoying though, who would design a pram you can't machine wash, sponging won't remove baby spew & chocolate properly!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: