Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo footmuff - opinions?

(4 Posts)
needsadviceplease Sat 13-Oct-12 09:36:16

DS is 5mo and I have a bee+

I'm looking to buy a footmuff. I've had a quick look on ebay and tbh I'm reluctant to pay £50 or more for a second-hand one - I'd almost prefer to cough up £90 for a new one! (Stupid..? But if I can apparently recoup that much maybe it's not so bad.)

Is the bugaboo footmuff significantly better than a generic footmuff? Does anywhere sell them cheaper than John Lewis?

TIA

femmeaufoyer Sat 13-Oct-12 19:33:05

I can't give you a comparison between a generic footmuff as I've only used the Bugaboo one. But I think it's great, it's lovely and warm and washes brilliantly. It does seem to fit better in forward-facing than rear-facing. I like the fact that you can completely unzip the top part if the weather turns warmer, this is useful because it is a faff to get it on...you have to undo the straps at the back and feed them through the seat, so i put it on when the weather goes cold and leave it on. And I agree that as they go for so much second-hand you may as well buy new. And as your DS is only 5 months, you'll get loads of use from it.

needsadviceplease Sun 14-Oct-12 06:00:56

Thanks! That's all good to know and exactly what I wanted to hear

How badly does it fit if rearfacing? Am definitely planning to keep DS rearfacing all this winter at least.

femmeaufoyer Sun 14-Oct-12 11:33:08

It's not so much that it doesn't fit, it just looks a bit long because there's no footrest in rear-facing. But i've only tried it with the seat up straight as my DD was much older when I got my Bee and footmuff. I guess if your little one is 5 months then you may still have him reclined a little. I think it would be better like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now