Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

A sturdy and super lightweight pushchair for commuting in London or general travelling!

(11 Posts)
LDNmummy Tue 09-Oct-12 21:31:09

I have been researching super lightweight strollers and so far the Micralite Superlite seems like my best option.

I need something I can pick up and carry up and down stairs with my DD in it. I have loved my Bee+ for the last year but as my DD is getting older and heavier, I need something lighter for commuting. I tend to find it easier to just pick up the whole of my pushchair and carry it up and down stairs and would ideally like to keep doing this.

I have looked into the Maclaren Techno XT and the G-Luxe too, but I'm not sure how they will hold up as everyday strollers for heavy duty use. The Micralite just seems much sturdier for me to use for the next couple of years, and I love the way it folds! A one hand fold is ideal for me.

Looking at the Micralite I can't tell where on the frame I would pick it up though so anyone have any experience of using it this way?

Also, can anyone suggest other sturdy and really lightweight pushchairs suitable for inner London commuting?

Lots of TIA!!

Iwillorderthefood Tue 09-Oct-12 21:34:10

Maclaren all the way.

LDNmummy Tue 09-Oct-12 21:58:52

Thanks Iwill!

I should also have said earlier, DH and I are very tall and this puts me off the smaller umbrella fold's.

Anyone know if the Maclaren would be ok for taller parents?

I know I should go instore and try them out but I can't for various reason's so will be buying online.

Really appreciate any advice smile

Natashamay1982 Wed 10-Oct-12 10:12:20

I've got a Zia and its mega light, also the handles can be adjusted with a button on the side to make them longer for taller people.

minipie Wed 10-Oct-12 11:10:39

Babyzen Yoyo - even lighter than the Superlight.

here is a comparison between the Yoyo and the Superlight

The Yoyo doesn't have adjustable handlebars but the handle height is 106cm which is very high anyway so perfect for tall parents I'd have thought.

Pricey though!

Quinny Yezz looks similar but cheaper, but poss not as sturdy?

There are some Maclarens with adjustable handles for tall parents, but I think they may be the bulkier models.

LDNmummy Wed 10-Oct-12 14:17:40

The YoYo looks amazing!!!

Shame about the price though sad

I am leaning toward the G-Luxe now as it seems to even out-do the Maclaren's!

I might be able to get a YoYo once they start hitting ebay.

I read a few reviews where parent's were having problems with the Zia tipping over. My DD is very active so as much as I loved the idea of it, I will have to cross it off the list. A shame because it seems so perfect.

Agree about the Yezz, can't see it lasting very long.

I think its the G-Luxe for me.

LDNmummy Wed 10-Oct-12 14:17:52

Thanks ladies!

tethersend Wed 10-Oct-12 14:24:59

Bugger, was hoping you'd get the micralite and tell me all about it grin

Having the same London issues; think I'm going to wait a couple of months until DD wants to face forwards and then get the superlite or the toro. Am leaning towards the toro as it lies flat- have you seen the superlite? Is there any recline at all?

LDNmummy Wed 10-Oct-12 22:44:06

I haven't seen any of them up close but am going to go to Mothercare tomorrow and have a look at some up close.

I am not going to look into the Toro as it is the same weight range as my Bee+.

It's a pain isn't it tether! I had a look at some reviews of the Superlite on Youtube and it seems to have an almost hammock like recline IYSWIM.

I was all ready to purchase a G-Luxe today until I read some reviews on Amazon that say the new model is quite flimsy sad

Tiggywunkle Fri 12-Oct-12 10:57:20

I am not sure I would pick the Yoyo up with a bigger child in. Fab to get the child out and fold quickly though.
The Yezz is fab for an older child but ours tipped when parked and my LO hit his head on the floor and I wouldn't trust one unless you have your hands on it at all times.
I don't know how easy the Superlight would be to carry. I much prefer the Toro for the better seat for the child but the Superlight was a great pushchair to push.

ChrisMag Wed 17-Oct-12 13:47:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now