Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Donkey v1.1?

(4 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sun 07-Oct-12 14:44:42

Just wondering if anyone knows the differences between the bugaboo donkey v1 and the v1.1? We are TTC at the moment and still unsure if I'll need a double pram or if I can get away without one so weighing up my options. Also, are the seats a reasonable size on the Donkey? DS is 18 months so will be minimum 27 months between DC's so don't want to get something he won't be comfortable in / will be difficult to push. Thank you smile

Madwife28 Tue 09-Oct-12 11:00:56

V1.1 folds a bit smaller, useful as its huge. The first gen chassis has some issues with scratches appearing from the way it folds, just general niggles that they have worked out with the new frame. I would buy the newer one.
I have both! My v1.1 was a replacement so I've been comparing them and it is much better. The seats are narrow. My little girl is 21 months but she's small, wears 12 month clothes.... It's perfect for 2 closer in age but not sure it would be suitable with a 2 year age gap, not for very long anyway.
Why don't you get a cameleon and a buggy board??
If you are on Facebook there are bugaboo pages which will answer any questions very quickly as they have a huge fan base of mums!!

Rockchick1984 Tue 09-Oct-12 12:08:17

Thank you madwife so definitely worth looking at the 1.1 from the sound of it! I'm still undecided about getting a double, I would prefer not to need one but I worry that a buggy board would just completely irritate me, and I'd be kicking it constantly. Also, I do a lot of walking and feel it would be difficult going up and down kerbs with a buggy board smile

rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 11-Oct-12 21:02:49

Much smaller fold, it's almost flat with the new version which is a big help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now