Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

BJCM GT Double - advice needed

(5 Posts)
kittycatlover Thu 04-Oct-12 22:20:10

I have a DS 27 months old and a 1 month old DD. DS only been walking for 7 months and isn't ready to walk full time yet. I originally thought I could make do with a sling and single pushchair but that's not been working for me. When there is another adult with me we've taken two separate prams but this is also a hassle and since I drive a lot two prams only just squash into the car leaving no room for anything else.

So I've decided to get a double.

I've shortlisted the BJCM GT double but haven't found anywhere nearby that I can view it irl so am only going on reviews. I'd be really grateful if anyone could help answer the following -

My main criteria is something that folds easily and not too heavy as I will be putting it in & out of the car boot a lot. I have a VW golf - does anyone know if this will fit or if I'll have to take the wheels off? Would this be an issue?

Its also important to me to have all terrain tyres. Will the GT handle ok on grass, bumpy pavements, gravel and dirt roads? The wheels dont look that big to me and I'm not familiar with forever air as opposed to pneumatic.

I'd also like to know whether the weight difference with a toddler & newborn would be an issue?

Is it necessary to get the carrycot for a newborn? She currently weighs 11lbs.

Aside from the bjcm gt I did also like the look of the MB duet, does anyone think this might be more suitable?

Chocchip88 Fri 05-Oct-12 07:06:06

I have one and a Golf so can tell you that it def fits in the boot. It's heavy to lift in and out but def manageable (even post c section).
I haven't done much 'off roading' but it works well on grass and cobblestones.
I have a 35lb 23 month old and a newborn and the weight difference is fine. I didn't get the carrycot in the end I just use a Bugaboo cocoon, DS2 seems very snug and happy in it.
Hope that helps!

BrendaF789 Fri 05-Oct-12 12:43:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

HarlettOScara Fri 05-Oct-12 21:04:07

I only have the single so can't answer most of your questions but mine handles most terrain admirably. It off-roads on grass and forest trails when walking the dogs and DD generally falls asleep so the ride must be comfortable enough.

Tiggywunkle Sun 07-Oct-12 09:02:50

I have to say your choice is probably a good one. You will struggle to get a better double all round than the BJCMDGT. It's the perfect combination between the City Mini and heavier but fab Elite.
It should do what you want well.
I would choose it over the Duet (huge folded) any day as the Duet is problematic for siblings as there isn't enough separation between them. Plus the Duet does pull to one side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now