Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo Cameleon 3

(6 Posts)
VickyU Thu 04-Oct-12 09:35:30

I am looking for a buggy which works well in London but that I can also take for walks along grass in the countryside with our dog. Has anyone else bought one of these yet or considering buying one? I am really quite worried about the lack of access into the storage space bit when the carrycot is on. I understand this was the same for the last cameleon. Was this a real pain? I am worried about not being able to pop to the supermarket with the buggy but maybe I am being overambitious thinking this will be a regular occurrence on my own with a newborn anyway? Anyway, any experiences or thoughts at all on this buggy or suggested alternatives would be massively appreciated.

VickyU Fri 05-Oct-12 13:07:53

Anyone?

Rockchick1984 Sat 06-Oct-12 08:01:01

Not had a cam, but just wanted to say its not overly ambitious to think you will be popping to the supermarket etc - I wouldn't have done it in the first couple of weeks but after that it was a good reason to get out of the house every few days. You can buy little plastic clip thingies to attach to the handle of your pram so you can hang a few bags off there but nothing too heavy. smile

sleeplessinderbyshire Sat 06-Oct-12 08:04:28

the lack of access to the basket when the carrycot is on is a massive PITA (although you can life the carrycot off easily, fill the basket and put carry cot back on if it's doing a shop it's more irritating if you need to keep going into the basket for drinks/snacks etc for older child). It's so fab as a buggy with the seat unit which you'll do for far far longer than the 5/6 months they are in a carrycot that I'd go for it

forevergreek Sat 06-Oct-12 09:03:45

We have the bugaboo cameleon 2. Used in London for 3 years and using still with younger sibling now. Has been a great buy

Tiggywunkle Sun 07-Oct-12 08:59:02

I love the Cam. I have had two now because I missed my first. The basket is a pain but I used to lift the carrycot off and put shopping under and then put it back on. No huge deal. It's a great pushchair. I have to say though one of the things I loved about changing pushchairs was having an open shopping basket that I could pile to the top but I also appreciate the Cam one seems to just keep taking more items because the drawstring top keeps them all enclosed! I don't like rummaging for things on day trips though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now