Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

quick survey. when did you get rid of the double buggy?

(5 Posts)
cheapandchic Wed 03-Oct-12 16:58:59

I am torn. I want to sell my double, but I am not sure if I will regret it. Older child is 2.6. Stopped napping and doesnt want to go in it. Sometimes I force her, when I need to go fast, but I am wondering what age others got rid...

outnumberedbymen Wed 03-Oct-12 19:37:17

Funnily enough we were just talking about this a few minutes ago. We will probably see our p&ts next year. Ds2 is now nearly 4, ds2 is 2.1! We do do lots of walking which is why ds2 is still in the pushchair a fair bit. Ds2, who has asd, has only just started doing the pre-school run on his balancing bike. If I go out with the two I do always take the double with me though - I feel so much more relaxed knowing that I CAN put ds2 in it if he is having a tantrum or if I just need to get somewhere quickly.

Ihateparties Wed 03-Oct-12 19:40:23

With DC1 and 2 got rid at hmmm 2y10m elder child. Dc2 and 3 - I had initially thought a year with precise 2y age gap and walking everywhere but over half way into that year I now plan to keep it forever

That is all.

Tiggywunkle Wed 03-Oct-12 20:48:34

I agree - forever!!!
My DD is just 4 and believe me gets worse - tantrums, stamping feet, huffing, dancing in front of the pushchair and the tantrums. DH said we didn't need the double today as he was with us but believe me I regretted not taking it within minutes :S
Don't get me wrong my DD is pretty well behaved...but she's too intelligent for her own good and knows exactly when to play up. She honestly gets worse sad
The +One will be the last double out of here because of the 'hidden' seat as back up.

Hevster Thu 04-Oct-12 20:43:49

i got rid of 2 Phil & Teds as i thought I didn't need the double only to regret it and get another - am now about to part with it as DD1 has started school and it has sat unused in the garage for 4 weeks. I would say kids change by the fortnight so stick the double away for a month and if you have no regrets then sell it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now