Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

New or secondhand?

(9 Posts)
Chocchip88 Wed 03-Oct-12 10:16:01

I just need someone to tell me what to do!
I have a BJCM GT double which I LOVE! I have a 10 week old and a 23 month old. There are some occasions when I just have one child and I feel a bit silly with the double (although second seat is handy for shopping!). Also when we go to groups it would be handy to have something I can just click the car seat on to. I have a 10 year old Pliko which I was happily using for DS2 but now it just seems so rickety compared to the BJCM.
So...I would like to buy a single BJCM, the best price I can find is £209 for the 2011 3 wheeler or £220 for the 4 wheeler. Or there's eBay where the 3 wheelers tend to go for about £120 including postage.
I just basically need someone to make my decision for me. So would you get a new one and hopefully get a good price when you sell it on or go for a secondhand?
Help!

Just realised there is no preview button and I can't see the whole post on my phone so I hope there aren't too many mistakes and I make a bit of sense!

peanutMD Wed 03-Oct-12 10:32:33

I bought 5 new pushchairs for DS, I wasted so much money as resale wasn't great!

I'm now pregnant with DC2 and have bought a lovely proper pram for walking, bargain at £55 inc carrycot, parasol, footmuff and raincover. I also intend to buy a second hand bjcm as I had one last time and loved the simplicity of it.

Chocchip88 Wed 03-Oct-12 11:20:32

Right secondhand it is! I just needed someone to tell me what to do smile

Tiggywunkle Wed 03-Oct-12 11:29:58

I generally would buy new when there's not that much difference in price....it's different if its an £800 but £400 second hand. Warranties can be worth a lot if there are issues.

Chocchip88 Wed 03-Oct-12 12:06:04

Waaah! Now I don't know again, it's like having a devil and an angel on my shoulders!

Chocchip88 Wed 03-Oct-12 12:08:12

And if I were to go for a new one i assume the extra £11 for the 4 wheel would be worth it?

Ihateparties Wed 03-Oct-12 13:23:17

I would say so re the wheels, but I just prefer 4 - personal choice. If you plan to keep it I would buy new I think, unless you're making a really massive saving.

Chocchip88 Fri 05-Oct-12 12:03:09

Just ordered a BJCM 4 wheel 2012 version, it was £199 in the end and I got the car seat adaptors with my Boots' points.
Should be here on Monday grin

BrendaF789 Fri 05-Oct-12 12:37:15

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now