Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mamas & papas pliko and silver cross 3d

(16 Posts)
Dordeydoo Sun 30-Sep-12 10:25:53

Are they similar?

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Sun 30-Sep-12 10:27:10

Very. Personally, I hate them. Very hard to push, buy they're very popular.

EdMcDunnough Sun 30-Sep-12 10:30:10

I had a couple of Plikos a few years ago - think they might have changed slightly but still, I'd never buy another one.

Very rickety to push, honestly it was hard work.

Dordeydoo Sun 30-Sep-12 10:30:21

Why do you hate them? I need for a 9month baby,

EdMcDunnough Sun 30-Sep-12 10:30:50

Never had a 3d though.

I had a Linear chassis once - that was really good. I think having the uni-handle makes a lot of odds tbh.

EdMcDunnough Sun 30-Sep-12 10:32:20

Basically, you couldn't push with one hand EVER - with most two handled pushchairs you can, just about, when needed - but this was like trying to make a cow move across a muddy field, one half at a time.

Saying that they are not all bad - they're OK apart from this issue. It's just, there are better buggies out there.

have you literally got the option of these two and nothing else?

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Sun 30-Sep-12 10:33:42

Mainly due them being so difficult to push. My opinion is that the M&P one is better made. Also, the Silver Cross one doesn't sit upright - there's always a slight recline.

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Sun 30-Sep-12 10:34:18

Ah, cross posts with Ed. I completely agree.

Dordeydoo Sun 30-Sep-12 10:36:17

Borrowed a friends pliko and loved it for what I need. Was looking at umbrella folds but he's too little and doesn't look right

EdMcDunnough Sun 30-Sep-12 10:38:14

Well if you liked it - then go for it smile

StopEatingThatMud Sun 30-Sep-12 10:38:35

I do like my 3d but the total inability to push it 1 handed does annoy the hell out of me.

The shopping basket underneath is also a total waste of time.

That said, for the £300 we paid for the whole lot including car seat, cosytoes, raincover and all sorts I do feel we got a pretty good deal.

EdMcDunnough Sun 30-Sep-12 10:39:52

They are a good halfway house between an umbrella fold and a full on pushchair. I agree on that.

It's just, Oh I can't ever have another - I've had about 60 different pushchairs and prams and it was one I'd never buy again!

MrsHoarder Sun 30-Sep-12 10:47:44

A Pliko is the only Pram I've owned. Its fine, folds up fairly small and I haven't found it difficult to manoeuvre at all (without anything else to really compare it to). We walk miles and miles (DS is a pram-napper and I get cabin fever) and take it on and off buses no problem.

EdMcDunnough Sun 30-Sep-12 10:48:20

That's true, they are good on buses.

peanutMD Sun 30-Sep-12 10:58:45

Presumably you are looking at these because of the rear facing pram mode?

If so then neither will work for a 9 month old as the pram mode only lays flat and is quite a small space.

I found both of these pushchairs quite rickety and heavy but I really dislike umbrella folds as double handles make out hard to push.

SJBean Mon 01-Oct-12 05:13:34

I loved my pilko until Dd got to one then it became impossible to manovere and get up curbs. I used to dread going out of the house with it. Bought a maclaren xlr which has been fine but in hindsight should've bought a baby jogger city mini

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now