Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

When to change DD2 from pram to pushchair?

(4 Posts)
MolotovBomb Wed 26-Sep-12 18:30:30

Hello all, I feel a bit daft asking this as I am a second-time Mum, but I'm at a real quandary, so I'll ask!

With DD1 (born Feb 2009), we had a Silver Cross Sleepover pram which was so big, she was able to use it as a pram 'til she was 8mo. Had to get a more lightweight pushchair then (Sleepover was very, very heavy) so we invested in an iCandy Cherry.

I loved that pushchair and used it parent-facing until she was about 2.6yo, and finally stopped using it when she was 3.2yo (when DD2 was born). Plus, the wheels were buckling a bit.

Anyway, we bought a Silver Cross Jet Pramette for DD2, who is now 5mo. We've had it as a parent-facing pram since birth but I think she's starting to look a bit big for it, like she fills it up too much. Our next option is to have it as a forward-facing pushchair, but is she too young at 5mo? She's trying to sit up at the moment, but isn't quite able to independently. So, is she too young to face forwards in the pushchair?

Another reason for my wobble is that I can't believe 5 months have passed since her birth. I'm not sure if we'll have any more babies (I'd like to at some point, but DD2 in particular didn't come easily) so maybe I'm seeing this ad a step away from babyhood? Probably need to get a grip

TIA!

SecretNutellaFix Wed 26-Sep-12 18:43:32

The pram does lie flat and can be used forward facing from birth, so if she falls asleep she can be laid back.

Honestly I think you have been lucky to get the 5 months with her lying flat in the Silver Cross 3D. A few people I know who have had the 3D have got to 3 months and then turned their babies around.

peanutMD Wed 26-Sep-12 18:47:08

she'll be fine as it lays flat forward facing.

Totally get your worries though.

MolotovBomb Thu 27-Sep-12 10:30:49

Thanks for your replies smile Much appreciated x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now