Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Icandy Peach (Not Peach 2)

(5 Posts)
JammieE Wed 26-Sep-12 13:58:04

Sorry if this is already being discussed on here but I have snuck online at work and am having to post this quickly...

I've just ordered the Icandy Peach but having since ready reviews in Which? I've seen that some people have found the seat to be too small and their children have outgrown it in a little at 18 months to 2 years. It's advertised as suitable from 6 months to 2 years, and I called them to clarify this, but the lady seemed quite vague and didn't fill me with confidence.

I've read reviews on here and it doesn't sound like it is a massive problem, but I'm really worrying myself now that I've ordered something this is going to end up being very expensive if I have to stop using it sooner than planned.

Has anyone had this problem, or similarly, has anyone got one that fits a 2 1/2-3yr old fine?

Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks xx

Tiggywunkle Wed 26-Sep-12 15:24:45

Hmm...Which?...the review website which after saying the Strawberry seat is too small for a two year old at the end says they haven't actually put a child in the seat unit????? I think it says similar for another pushchair with a big seat!!! It may even be the Peach but again I can't look it up.

Ok, first of all the Peach - whether 1 or 2 has a near identical seat unit. I say near identical because there were odd changes across time to the Peach eg windows being removed, baskets being made differently harnesses lengthened...but nothing apart from the colour has specifically been changed. So the last Peach 1's are the same as the new peach 2's apart from colour.

The peach has one of the largest and tallest seats on a pushchair. The hood slides up the chassis and then unzips off the back to give head clearance - not that we have ever needed the latter with my tall 3 year old. The footrest rotates down as well. The liner can be removed and gives more space...but again my liners were still in when my eldest was last in the seat.

This might help settle you.

JammieE Sat 29-Sep-12 10:22:48

Thanks, Tiggywunkle!

I've decided not to cancel the order as I guess you can never pre-empt the future (or how big your child will be) plus, I can't find anything else I like and the Sweetpea is such a great colour.

I'm going to collect it today - so excited as it will be the first big purchase I've actually got at home! xx

MamaMads Sun 30-Sep-12 21:10:47

I just wanted to add that i have one of the Peach 1s and by DD1 has outgrown it at 2 ... not because she's too tall, but because she refuses to sit in it anymore. She just wants to walk everywhere!

It's now being used for DD2 and is as good as new, so definitely worth the purchase! You haven't made a mistake.

boysenberry Mon 01-Oct-12 00:20:09

I love my peach! I use it mostly in blossom mode for 2yo and 7mo and they are both so comfy. Agree with Tiggy, huge seat. I've used it lots of times in single mode too for both children and they are equally happy in it. Good purchase!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now