Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best toddler stroller - not too tippy, long seat, reclines...

(8 Posts)
newbrunette Tue 25-Sep-12 21:27:37

I've decided to get rid of a bigger buggy and now looking for something a bit narrower and lighter for 2.5 year old (who still naps most days). I'm looking for something that:
- won't tip over if something hanging on handlebars
- has relatively tall handlebars (I'm 5'8")
- has a longish seat so dd's head not popping out of the hood
- reclines and comfy enough for a nap
- gets in to buses/shop doorways easily
- steers well on bumpy-ish ground.
I was thinking Maclaren Triumph but keep reading conflicting reports...
Any recommendations gratefully received.

onetwothreefourfive Tue 25-Sep-12 21:50:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sarahplane Tue 25-Sep-12 22:00:54

Maclaren xt? I've got xlr which fits a lot of your requirements but is a bit wide. The xt is tall but the same width as a normal maclaren.

CappuccinoCarrie Tue 25-Sep-12 22:03:34

Maclaren XT. Brilliant buggy, fully reclines, and the handlebars extend (I'm 5ft 10 and find it fine height wise). Turns on a sixpence, really pleased with it.

Sarahplane Tue 25-Sep-12 22:03:59

It takes a lot to tip our xlr when ds is sitting up but if reclined it tips a lot easier.

Tiggywunkle Wed 26-Sep-12 00:17:57

BJCM....just ask to check the seat over before you buy. I believe the ones arriving now have the set problem fixed. It's fairly obvious if the seat will sag. I think...but don't know...that the latest ones were having boards put in??

Natashamay1982 Wed 26-Sep-12 12:20:17

I've got a Zia4+ which is great, but is only suitable for around 3 year old, so dont know if it would last long enough? You can lengthen the handles, reclines really easily and is really light smile

newbrunette Wed 26-Sep-12 23:30:59

Thanks all. Really useful. Still undecided!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now