Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Fed up of my Phil and Teds, what should I replace it with?

(6 Posts)
Tanyaaah Fri 21-Sep-12 13:10:25

I bought it 2nd hand quite cheaply but I have had to spend loads on it. The tyres keep going down at inconvenient times, I've bought a new hood and need a new 2nd seat cover now. The raincover is almost too big to fit in the footwell now my toddler is in the back seat.
Just feel like selling it and getting another. Any suggestions?

Ihateparties Fri 21-Sep-12 13:32:46

What are your requirements, if you're looking for another tandem then it's slim pickings really, lots of them have big-ish flaws (and if not major price tags).

How old are the children and what kind of thing do you want to use it for?

Tanyaaah Fri 21-Sep-12 14:06:30

Yes, another tandem I think. I have a 2yr old and a 4 month old. Walk to shops, playgroups mostly. Not going on the bus with it. Maybe I should get one with solid wheels?

milk Fri 21-Sep-12 14:08:46

Can you wait for the Babystyle Oyster Max?

sleeplessinderbyshire Sat 22-Sep-12 21:22:27

Why not get the tyres filled with slime at a bike shop to stop punctures? I keep meaning to take mine to do this and forgetting

Ihateparties Sat 22-Sep-12 21:45:39

If you like the phil and teds style the Hauck Freerider is v similar with solid tyres and a small price tag.. which I would very much assume will mean lesser quality, probably less features etc. but can't say for sure as have only seen one on a display stand that no one was allowed to touch.

Otherwise hmm what is there,

B Dual - nice to push, pretty wide though, esp when you have to put the wheelguards on and the kids are sometimes a bit slumpy in it but not always. Good all rounder, decent quality.

Oyster Max - think has air tyres and isn't out until 2013 but would have to check.

Jane Twone - very good to push but seats v close together and lower one is LOW so child loading is an issue. I also think the rrp is very steep tbh (I have one and love it but not without being able to see the downsides!)

Smyths Toys Dimples Duo - pretty good for the £250 price tag (can often get for 200 I keep seeing stuff about 20% off days etc.) especially being able to have the baby face you and the toddler face forwards, it's a bit large 66cm wide and 106-122 long depending on how the seats are but generally pretty good as long as you're not expecting anything fancy!

If your toddler doesn't sleep maybe and Uppababy Vista with Rumble Seat.

Micralite twofold is coming soon but I think that has air tyres at the rear if not the front too, I'm trying to stick with solid tyre suggestions! I would also mention the Mountain Buggy +one in this accidental air tyre breath...

Think I've run out now grin

Obviously also lots of other front and back type tandems - gracos, safety 1st etc. It all depends on your budget and needs really, there isn't a massive choice of good tandems imho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now