Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

I candy

(12 Posts)
zippys Wed 19-Sep-12 13:51:21

We are currently looking at travel systems, I liked the silver cross surf but the basket is too small. Also really like the bugaboo cam3 but am yet to test out the icandys. I have called a couple of suppliers and none stock all of them so need to have an idea which would be suitable or if I should go with the bugaboo.

We have a massive car so thats not an issue, most of use will be short (pavement type) walks and into town, really like the idea of using carrycot for first few months but want to ensure that if we are splashing out that it will last without having to be replaced once baby is bigger.

So pushchair gurus please help grin

newtonupontheheath Wed 19-Sep-12 15:37:49

I'm not a guru in the slightest.... When are you due? There is currently a long wait for some iCandy models, so worth bearing in mind as that may rule them out already.

Also, John Lewis stock both iCandy and bugaboo so maybe phone your local store?!

GreenParcel Wed 19-Sep-12 15:41:49

I wouldn't bother TBH, their customer service is awful, there are massive delays on most items (parennts have 12 week old babies and STILL haven't got their pushchairs) and they aren't worth the hassle IMO.

I've just sold my peach jogger as it was heavy, hard to push with baby and shopping in and pulled to the side hurting my back.

I'd go for a stokke evo. Stokke have fantastic customer service and the evo is a gorgeous pushchair.

GreenParcel Wed 19-Sep-12 15:43:23

I've also had an icandy apple and a normal peach. I'd rate the normal peach over the jogger, its more stable but its scratches soooo easily, I was scared to use it.
Apple felt cheap.

Not had a strawberry, but you'd struggle to find one i think!

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Sep-12 15:45:33

Depending on your budget the three I would look at are the Cherry - lightweight and better on a budget, or the Peach or the Strawberry. I think you need to go and have a look at them. I happily use my Peach still....but I know some people find them large. But they are so lovely to push and use that I see no reason to replace it. The Cherry would give you a much lighter weight option. The Strawberry would give you a one piece fold. Go and have a look. Just bear in mind there are long waiting times for iCandy. But they are far superior to the Surf. The Bugaboo Cam is lovely too - just a bit more faffy than an iCandy but with more choices to customise.

dozensofpichu Wed 19-Sep-12 15:49:43

Have you looked at the Uppababy Vista? Without a doubt the best pushchair I've ever used. The carrycot is beautiful, and a good size so you get plenty of use out of it. Pushes like a dream too. Some people are put off by the size when folded but if you have the boot space it's a non issue and it's not that big as fitted my small hatchback boot ok!

zippys Wed 19-Sep-12 16:58:44

Wow thanks for all the responses. I am due early feb so thought I would still have plenty of time but reading around re icandy's it appears not!! I will check out the others mentioned and get testing! Thank you

melliebobs Thu 20-Sep-12 22:57:07

I heart my peach jogger. I was due feb 2012 ordered it November 2011. Let's just say it was a good job dd was 17 days late! Lol but otherwise I heart it. Nice big basket, easy to push, tackles bumpier terrain when I'm out with the dog and nice extendy handles which is great for me at 5ft4 and 6ft2 husband!

GruffVoiceDownTheChimney Thu 20-Sep-12 22:59:34

I love our apple jogger if that helps!

pixiestix Sun 04-Nov-12 14:01:12

Zippys!!!!!!!! <barges in to old thread>

I just looked up your name as the Frolicker girls on FB were asking after you and saw that you are due at the end of Feb. I'm so so happy for you!! I hope you are having a beautiful, stress free pregnancy. We miss you! The thread has kind of been superceded by the FB group now so none of us are around that much, but let me know if you want to be added to the group.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

xxx

BonaDea Tue 06-Nov-12 16:52:02

We looked at the Peach. To me, it is my favourite pushchair aesthetically speaking (except perhaps the silvercross surf, but as you say the basket is a joke!). It is also very easy to put up and down BUT I found it to be noticeably heavier than the bugaboo chameleon for example. I think it's all the chrome. I am still tempted but everyone is telling me that if I go for something heavier I'll soon swap it out for a stroller anyway...

Tuppers85 Tue 06-Nov-12 17:24:16

I've just bought a strawberry- fingers crossed all works out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now