Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Can anyone tell me about the Micralite Fastfold Superlite?

(12 Posts)
tethersend Tue 18-Sep-12 23:35:42

Is it shite?

Is it great?

Looks like it could be a good lightweight foldable buggy- The back wheels look good for bumping up and down steps.

Currently have a Cameleon for 4mo DD2, but think I want something lightweight and foldable very soon...

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Sep-12 01:02:40

Strangely enough I have just this second...and I mean this second...finished writing about this pushchair.
I really like the Super-lite Fastfold - however I am not going to continue gushing because I see your DD is only 4 months old. I have to say I would not buy it for a baby - I know its suitable from 6 months, but I would strongly recommend you look at the Toro instead. The two are very similar in functionality - they just have the different seats. The Toro would give a younger baby better support, a better sleeping position and all round I think would be better.

So that said, I will gush about the Toro instead. Its really easy to use. The basket is big enough for an outing, but not really one to fling shopping underneath. The hood is large and good when sunny. The raincover is a delightful lumnious green and has a very neat storage pouch. The seat recline is good. I like the lift up footrest. There is a good peekaboo window. It's easy to push one handed, and I did bump it easily down several steps fully loaded. I like it a lot and would love to have one in my collection but I am holding out for the Twofold smile

If you would like me to properly answer your question then to be honest the Super-lite Fastfold is excellent except for one thing - the recline - its a bit too upright at the top but then the tilt on the seat makes the bottom part of the child really reclined. It doesn't look comfy at all TBH. My son is 2 and I was happy for him to have a quick power nap in the seat, but I wouldn't use the Super-lite Fastfold as a serious every day pushchair if your LO naps. Great as a nip in and out of a shop pushchair though. Its my only negative really about a pushchair thats really good and easy to use.

crackcrackcrak Wed 19-Sep-12 01:07:52

I love them but they fold in to what looks like a pile of long poles! It was too impractical for me in terms of buses/small boot but I remember putting dd in in and thinking how lovely the seat was and how comfy she looked grin

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Sep-12 01:10:50

I love the winter kit ie seeing a child snuggled up to their chin in the footmuff! It looks so cosy!!

tethersend Wed 19-Sep-12 16:22:21

Thanks smile

So, is the toro as easy to fold?

What's the twofold?

tethersend Wed 19-Sep-12 19:53:28

Bugger- the Toro is about twice the price of the Fastfold superlite. Is the Toro better than the Oyster? Was considering that too, but wanted something more lightweight and foldable...

NannyPlumIsMyMum Wed 19-Sep-12 19:54:32

It's great. I love mine. Wouldn't swap it. It's also a Which? Best Buy.

NannyPlumIsMyMum Wed 19-Sep-12 19:58:36

Just to add IMHO - you really don't need to buy anything more expensive than a micralite. Its just not necessary smile.

tethersend Wed 19-Sep-12 21:18:46

Is that the Toro or the fastfold superlite, nanny?

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Sep-12 23:36:52

I think the Toro is better than the Oyster, but you dont get parent facing as an option. The Toro is just ever so slightly harder to fold than the Super-lite fastfold - it usually takes a push at the front of the seat to get it to lock into position but thats nothing major.

tethersend Thu 20-Sep-12 19:54:16

Thanks for the advice, Tiggy... think I'm going to have to spend a couple of days in JL trying them out grin

surfingluby Thu 27-Sep-12 11:41:27

I had one as a second pram as I had a double for my twins but needed a single for when I only took one out! I loved it, easy to fold, great for shopping. I used it for my nephew too and I childminded two children for two years and I used it for them. The only thing I didn't like about was the basket isn't easy to get stuff in and out, and you can only use it from 6 months. Mine slept in it really well though, it's almost like a hammock! I binned my MacLaren once I'd bought this one, but I did still need my three wheel as the small wheels on the front don't allow too rough terrain, you can buy a off road kit for it which I never did but they looked great in the shop :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now