Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Does any actually run/jog with a Baby Jogger Summit XC or similar??

(3 Posts)
Omaya Tue 18-Sep-12 20:17:02

Hello,

I'm really wanting to get back into my running/jogging during the day, especially whilst i'm still on mat leave! I have been managing an evening run regularly when DH gets home but as it's getting darker i'm less keen!

Anyway, i've done a lot of research (mainly internet based!) and come to the conclusion that the Baby Jogger Summit XC looks pretty good. I couldn't persuade the shop to actually let me test drive it for a short jog, as they apparently don't sell it as a pushchair to jog with!?! Put the little one in it, he's 10 months, and he seemed pretty cosy and content.

My question is; does anyone out there actually do any running with one?

I plan to do short 30-60min runs to a local park (hopefully with DS sleeping) then get him out have a play, bit of food, then run home. My DH reckons that nobody in this country does this.

Your comments would be very much welcome :-)

Thanks

TruthSweet Tue 18-Sep-12 22:24:47

It's not going to be the best pushchair to jog with (it's not a dedicated jogger more a hybrid of stroller/jogger) and baby is a little young as 12m+ is the recommended minimum age really.

What sort of terrain would you be running on? Flat tarmac or rougher paths or on grass? If you want to run on less smooth paths/grass/etc then something like this is a good choice.

Daisybell1 Sat 29-Sep-12 18:17:20

I jog with mine but mainly use it for off road dog walks. It is completely gorgeous though. My running is incredibly slow and I did find the handle bar a little high for me but still usable.

If you're planning on doing a lot of running you may be better off with a dedicated runner like a bob or the proper baby jogger running one. But for a hybrid the summit is amazing. It glides, goes over rock and with the wheels popped off is the size of a city mini grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now