Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchair with an infant car seat

(6 Posts)
ladymia Tue 18-Sep-12 16:08:44

I really hope my post is going to make sense!

I want a pushchair/stroller that has the clip on bit for a car seat. But I don't want the stroller bit to be removed in order for the car seat to clip onto it.

Reason being when I fly it means I can take both the stroller and the car seat without having to check either in (I think!)

So far the ones I think does it are the Maclaren XLR and the Bugaboo Bee (I hope someone can confirm that you can actually fit the seat without removing the stroller)

If they both do that then which are better?

Are there other options I should look at?

So yes if you can understand what i mean and have any words of wisdom I would really appreciate it! smile

Tiggywunkle Tue 18-Sep-12 17:59:38

Yes, look too at the Britax B-Agile and the Baby jogger City Mini, GT and Elite. Also the Mountain Buggies, Easywalkers - Sky and Qtro, TFK Joggster Twist and and maybe some other TFKs.
My only comment having flown lots with children is be aware you may not get the pushchair back when you land. Not so bad when the baby is little or walking, but when they are say 6-18 months it can be a killer to carry them. You may want to investigate slings as well but if you have money, my best suggestion is to invest in a Babyzen YoYo from 6 months old. It's awesome and the tiny fold means it can go in an overhead locker. I would probably get something like a Quinny Zapp Xtra for the flight and check in the seat unit for use whilst away. I think the Petite Zia may well be a good option too but I wouldn't want to use these lighter weight options every day at home.

ladymia Wed 19-Sep-12 12:28:16

thank you so much ... having checked out all the ones you have suggested i really think the baby zen with car seat is what i will go for. i checked out a couple of reviews and videos and it seems that you can put the stroller bit down and put the car seat on top of that.

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Sep-12 15:42:23

Aha...do you mean the Recaro Babyzen rather than the Babyzen YoYo? I loved my Recaro Babyzen. It was fabulous!!! I suspect it would travel fairly well on planes too and is flat to fit into a car boot.

Natashamay1982 Wed 26-Sep-12 12:38:55

Look at the Zia4+, I've got one and really pleased with it. You can put a car seat on it, and dont have to detach anything else to do so. Its also lightweight, and folds easily, so great when flying. Its cheap too!

ladymia Wed 26-Sep-12 14:16:34

thanks natashamay. i have decided to go with tiggywunkle's advice and get the babyzen as i just love the look of it but i am definitely going to check this out first before i do. it does seem to tick a lot of the boxes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now