Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What's the lightest decent buggy that reclines?

(13 Posts)
Whatwhatwhat Tue 11-Sep-12 23:37:59

I'm looking for something to bring on a flight.

Maclaren quest or techno XT? Or something else.

Want to buy second hand and cheap.

Flying Ryanair and I'm not convinced they won't kick it around for sport.

saskia87 Wed 12-Sep-12 09:08:15

I would say a Quest - but if it's for taking on a flight definitely get second hand or go for something really cheap like a Mothercare Jive or Obaby Atlas (not the lightest though).

Whatwhatwhat Wed 12-Sep-12 19:13:11

Thanks Saskia
I got a good deal on a quest new (still not cheap)
Am I mad bringing it on a flight? I've a cheap mother care stroller bag.

mamij Wed 12-Sep-12 19:17:42

We have the McClaren Techno for holidays and have never had problems on flights. Took it halfway across the world and even on a budget airline with no problem.

Whatwhatwhat Wed 12-Sep-12 21:22:01

Ryanair would probably charge you not to kick the buggy to pieces.

mamij Wed 12-Sep-12 22:13:31

LOL. Should have said it was an Asian budget airline. I probably wouldn't even trust Ryanair with my checked in luggage!

forevergreek Mon 17-Sep-12 15:45:07

you could get a quicksmart buggy. they fold small enough to go on as hand luggage

Tiggywunkle Mon 17-Sep-12 19:28:55

Or a Babyzen YoYo smile Fabulous and worth every penny for stress free travelling!!!

Tiggywunkle Mon 17-Sep-12 19:30:02

Actually scrap that because it doesn't fit second hand or cheap ;) but you can always have a drool!

Natashamay1982 Tue 18-Sep-12 12:47:20

Check out the Zia4+ - I really can't rate it enough. I went through 5 buggies till I found the right one... this is lightweight, cheap (but not cheap feeling like some!), folds up really small, and will be excellent for holiday use. Its currently £89.99 with a load of free bits and bobs!

NotInMyDay Tue 18-Sep-12 12:50:13

I have a Petite Star Zia and it is wonderful. A nice big seat and full recline but light as a feather and folds small. You can also get a buggy bag for it to protect it on flights.

Stokey Tue 18-Sep-12 13:47:20

I've got a Cosatto swift lite, bought to go on a flight when dd1 was 4 months old and still going 2.5 years later. Has three positions, one of which is flat. Cost me about £60 new and has been worth every penny.

Natashamay1982 Wed 26-Sep-12 12:40:14

what did you go for in the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now