Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Stokke owners...please help me with my extras.

(11 Posts)
StrawberrytallCAKE Tue 28-Aug-12 18:58:10

I am about to buy my stokke pram and have noticed all of the added extras you can also buy.

I want to know what is worth getting from the following list, please tell me if you have them and how useful they are. Thanks in advance!

Sheepskin Liner
Winter Pack
Carrycot
Sleeping Bag
Footmuff

I am currently obsessing over the sheepskin liner and winter pack as they look so snuggly but unsure as to whether getting the sleeping bag would be worth it if I got the other two.

oscarwilde Wed 29-Aug-12 15:52:26

Winter pack - No - not unless you live somewhere that regularly experiences proper subzero temps. The standard footmuff is really toasty, it's actually a PITA as it's too warm to put a baby in an all in one suit so you need to find a suitable jacket, then when you take them out of the pram their legs are exposed in just a babygro. Tedious if you want to swap between a sling and a pram.

Sheepskin liner - didn't buy it - thought it was extortionate and got one at John Lewis for the summer months when the footmuff came off. Bear in mind youll have a dribbling, snacking toddler in there. You will want to be able to machine wash it.

Carrycot - was great [no need to strap in when they are tiny] but they are smaller than a Chameleon for example. My DD was an average size baby and outgrew it within 2 months. Plus was constantly craning her neck to look in the direction of travel. Seemed much happier once she could see more in the lie flat seat. Have seen posters on here that used it for far longer though.

Sleeping bag - this is for the carrycot right? Regular blankets would do the job just the same and can be used elsewhere. It's a convenience thing but not strictly necessary. If you are having a winter baby though, it might be handy to have.

Footmuff - this comes as standard. It's extremely warm.

Cup holder - not listed but indispensible. smile

StrawberrytallCAKE Wed 29-Aug-12 22:30:17

Ah thank you, very useful information!

PigeonPie Wed 29-Aug-12 22:36:56

I managed without most of that stuff as about the only thing extra available when I got mine was the carry cot - which I did get!

I used normal blankets and sheets in that and then DS wore an all in one snow suit in the push chair when it was cold (don't forget mittens though - one time DS1's hands did almost go blue when I forgot them oops).

The only thing I would have liked was a top cover to the carrycot, but I think that comes as standard now.

Enjoy your Xplory - mine was worth every penny spent on it and was the only pushchair I had for two sons.

sedgieloo Thu 30-Aug-12 14:25:00

I used the carry cot and sleeping bag quite a bit as a winter baby and I used the carrycot a lot for naps also in the day, I just unzipped and peeled back the top of the sleeping bag if bringing the pram in the house

The footmuff is quite big, when baby went into the pushchair I made harness points in the sleeping bag so I could use that as a footmuff to start with.

LittleMissFlustered Thu 30-Aug-12 16:54:04

Wait until you enter the murky world of custom liners and hoods... 'tis a scarily pretty world thoughwink

StrawberrytallCAKE Fri 31-Aug-12 21:26:25

Thank you so much!! I've just bought my izi-sleep carseat in purple. Are you sure I don't need the winter pack? It'll keep my hands warm and cosy too smile

galwaygirl Fri 31-Aug-12 22:37:36

Just another one saying the footmuff is really snug and no need for the winter kit. I would actually leave the carry cot - I felt like dd bounced all over the place in it and the seat reclines well and is suitable from birth in the US (just not here for some reason) so I don't think you need it...
Also another don't buy is the travel bag. And the cup holder and changing bags are must haves!

LittleMissFlustered Sun 02-Sep-12 21:28:32

If you want a handmuff you can get one made. There's a lady on FB who does lovely stuff, search 'patishop' and you'll find her. The rest of the winter kit is designed for a Scandinavian winter, not a smattering of sleet and a chilly windgrin

Megtabs123 Sat 28-May-16 14:57:07

Hi I've got the added fur on to my good which clips on and off was just wondering if anyone knows of ways of washing it because it's starting too look a bit grubby thanks

Megtabs123 Sat 28-May-16 14:58:25

Sorry that was ment to say hood this stupid phone lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now