Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

My B dual arrived and it's great - quick q though...

(12 Posts)
ImpYCelyn Fri 21-Oct-11 11:42:10

Thanks everyone who recommended it, we're definitely keeping it. It is big, but not too bad compared to my MBU, although I've been spoilt by that in terms of handling and soilidity.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions because the handbook is a bit pants (I had to google a video to work out how to get the second seat on). On the main hood there are a set of poppers on the sides at the bottom, where do they clip onto please?

RE reclining the second seat, is it a combination of using the sliding recline and releasing the clips, or is one better than the other?

Also, did you bother with a car seat adaptor? I can't decide whether to get britax ones for the freeby carseat, or whether to get oyster ones for my current maxi cosi.

Thanks smile

aswellasyou Fri 21-Oct-11 11:57:08

Yay!!grin I'm glad you like it. It took us 11 months to get there, but it's definitely a keeper. smile

I thought the second seat was really simple to put on. Have you managed to take it off yet though? I spent ages trying to work it out even though it's actually really simple.hmm

There are poppers on the back of the seat I think. But, if I remember correctly, there are two sets of poppers so that you can attach it either with or without the hood height increasers. So you don't have all the poppers attached at once. Does that make any sense?

The second seat has a handle at the back the same as on the top seat to recline it. It then has three positions. The clip thing is to just make it into a sort of carrycot.

We didn't buy the adapters, but we were sent them anyway grin. Do you plan on using the Britax carseat ever? In your partner's/parent's/in-law's car for example? If so, I'd buy both adapters. If not, sell the Britax seat.

Tiggywunkle Fri 21-Oct-11 12:00:25

Do the poppers not just pop on near the top of the seat to stop the fabric sagging? Look round the top rim of the seat and by the recline button/ handle.
Re the lower seat. The sliding recline does something like three positions. But then I would then unclip the bottom for flat newborn mode. I guess you could just use the clips but it's less faff to use the button sliding recline for everyday reclining.
If you have a freebie Britax car seat then you don't need adaptors. It just clunks onto the chassis instead of the seat. Have a read about how the back slides flatter for a baby because I liked that feature. My son looked comfy in the Britax seat.
I am glad you like it. I think the B-Dual feels bigger than it actually is. It's smaller than an average Phil&Teds for example in length and the height is similar with the hood up.

aswellasyou Fri 21-Oct-11 12:11:05

I think it seems big because it uses up all the space, rather than being pointy in any direction like the P&Ts. The carseat they give you free doesn't have the built in adapters. Britax does different versions of the Baby-Safe; with the built in adapters and without.

Tiggywunkle Fri 21-Oct-11 12:19:36

Boo hiss, that's not good then is it? Lol In that case I would get the Oyster adaptors and sell the car seat as new.

ImpYCelyn Fri 21-Oct-11 12:26:41

Thanks grin

Yes the second seat is really easy to put on once you've worked out how high up the frame it goes, I was trying to attach it right at the bottom hmm I got it off much quicker.

That makes sense about the hood height and poppers. I found one place to attach them too and then couldn't work out where to pop the others, but it's because there isn't anywhere!

Good point about the car seats, we were planning to put one of them in my parents car. I've seen the oyster ones selling used for quite a reasonable price on ebay, and I'll see if I can spot a deal for britax ones. I did think about selling it, but DPs are always suggesting they'll buy a seat for their car, so this will save them the trouble.

Mum took DS out for a quick ride in it and said she thinks it's pulling off to one side, so I'll recheck the wheels etc and hopefully it's my fault confused

ImpYCelyn Fri 21-Oct-11 12:28:09

Oh meant to say - thanks for the info about the second seat, I'll have a play and try to master it smile

aswellasyou Fri 21-Oct-11 12:30:30

grin The non-adapter ones will be useful for putting on the pushchairs they're making adapters for next year, unless they make the adapters so that they fit the 'plus' seats.

aswellasyou Fri 21-Oct-11 12:32:12

Maybe one of the wheels is fixed. I hope it's something simple anyway.

Tiggywunkle Fri 21-Oct-11 12:38:21

Just check the rear wheels don't have L and R on them, or a direction arrow. Some of the pushchairs I have had say which side to fit them. I am sure either the B-Dual or Hauck had this. Also spin each back wheel to check for a wobble which could indicate a bent wheel. Good luck!

ImpYCelyn Fri 21-Oct-11 14:48:29

I'm an idiot, as I took it all apart to put it back in the box I spotted the huge L and R on the wheels. I'm not certain which way round I had them, but when we get back from half term I'll try it out again and see if that sorts it.

Thanks Tiggywunkle smile

Tiggywunkle Fri 21-Oct-11 18:28:23

Yay! I knew one of them had them on! Fingers crossed it's better now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now