Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Footmuff issues...do I get Buggysnuggle!?

(16 Posts)
ihearttc Wed 19-Oct-11 18:34:11

Put footmuff back on pushchair today for the first time since the summer so DS2 who is 11 months could be nice and warm...the damn thing is driving me nuts! It was ok before the summer cause he was much smaller but now the back falls down literally every time I put him in it. Apart from that I absolutely love the pushchair and the footmuff itself because it's lovely and warm so wondered if I had any suggestions as to what I can do?

I had thought of attaching some strings onto the top of the footmuff and then tie them onto something but because the pushchair folds in 2 parts I'd have to untie them all the time which is a little annoying when it's freezing cold. The new buggy snuggles have a sort of envelope bit at the back to sit over the back of the seat unit which Im assuming would hold it on but don't really want to spend another £40 on a new footmuff when mine is essentially ok but am seriously considering it if I can't find another solution.

HauntedPramsScreamsGalore Wed 19-Oct-11 18:47:08

look on ebay and see if you could get either a bugaboo one for sugglesnuggle second hand

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Oct-11 18:50:47

Can you make your own envelope? I have to be honest and say that I bought Buggysnuggles about two months ago and IMHO the envelope is a little two shallow. I have had Bugaboo and Snunkies which both have deeper envelopes so maybe I have been spoilt, but these ones keep falling off. If you are handy with a needle I would DIY. Is there no where to attach strings to the seat part if the chassis? What pushchair have you got?

ihearttc Wed 19-Oct-11 19:17:26

Thank you thats really interesting to hear...and I'm glad you knew what the bit was I was talking about lol!

I've got a Spin which I know some people have had issues with but I've been really pleased with it...brake had problems but got it sorted and apart from that I love it and the footmuff! I had over 25 pushchairs with DS1 (he's 6 now though!) so think DH is just pleased I've stuck with one this time!

I don't think there is anywhere to attach the strings to the seat unit...they'd have to be attached to the chassis and because I have to take it in and out of the car loads for school etc it'd just be a nightmare to keep re-attaching it especially with cold hands!

There is no way I'd be able to DIY it lol...I can barely sew name tabs on but MIL would be able to if I asked nicely!

I looked at stay put blankets as well but they also need to attach to chassis so would have the same problem!

suzie38 Wed 19-Oct-11 19:25:58

Bugaboo ones, original or customs have a pocket that slips over the top of the seat so are perfect!!!

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Oct-11 19:37:33

Just thinking...an older Buggysnuggle may be better. The old ones have individual harness slots. The new one has one large slot that you push everything through. I got mine specifically to be able to swap pushchairs easily but they also make it easier to pull the whole thing off accidentally. My seat back is curved as well and the top of the Buggysnuggle I have (fur star one) is very square. Maybe ones with harness slots would stay in position better? I don't advocate trying and the returning but I did buy Buggysnuggles previously from Precious Little Ones that weren't right and they were no problem refunding me although I had to pay to send them back. It may be worth getting one to try? Or a lot of shops stock them.

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Oct-11 19:38:50

There's also those cosyokso blanket type cosy toes in Mothercare too?

HauntedPramsScreamsGalore Wed 19-Oct-11 20:11:24

i have a buggysnuggle, it is an old one which has ties at the top, i have found on some pushchairs where the hood poppers to the back of the seat i can tie it round there, the bugaboo one again an old one has a huge flap that i put over the back of the seat, the cosyokso blanket is fab, but it is not designed to fit over the back of the pushchair, instead the best way to described it, is its like a blanket with a zip up the front and a fold over at the bottom [so it could be folded under for when older, muddy shoes can stick out, it comes up round lo head/neck like a blanket would, looks very warm and cosy, has holes in it for the 5 point harness. i also own a jane cosytoes [old one so check the new ones] this also has ties at the top and are really warm and thick.

MonkeyJuice Wed 19-Oct-11 20:14:01

Tiggy do you still have the buggysnuggle with the envelope top? If so, is there a chance you could try it on your uppababy Vista and see what you think of the fit pls?

ihearttc Wed 19-Oct-11 20:52:34

Oh thats a fab idea haunted...I could tie it round there-didn't think of that cause was just assuming it needed to be attached to the chassis!

I actually looked at them on precious little ones before I started the thread and wondered if I could get one and then send it back if it really didn't work. I didn't realise the older ones were different...there is a gorgeous one which is black with lime stars on which would look fab with the pushchair so will have to investigate if it's an older one or not cause I agree that one with harness slots would sit better.

Thanks so much...you've all been really helpful.

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Oct-11 21:49:33

The lime star one on the Buggysnuggle site is the old one like I think you need. It says 'original Design' next to it and you can see the harness slots. I liked that one too but likeI said I needed the new version for easy interchanging smile But good choice smile
Monkeys I will try in a bit. Both Buggysnuggle and Vista are sat next to each other in the hall at the minute, so that was the perfect time to ask!

ihearttc Wed 19-Oct-11 22:00:17

Oh fab...just need to convince DH now that I need one. May need to leave him with DS2 for the day at weekend and see how annoying it is lol!

MonkeyJuice Thu 20-Oct-11 08:18:23

Thank you Tiggy. My outlast snuggle bag works ok, but the hookover does not stay put, and is annoying me.
Was wondering about a buggysnuggle plus snowsuit.

Tiggywunkle Thu 20-Oct-11 12:58:28

The new Buggysnuggle goes great on the Vista except it hides the recline handle. The fabric doesn't slip like it does on the Peach - I think because the rear of the Vista is a bit textured. I gave it some really good tugs and yes it did move slightly (there's only a couple of inches to play with), but I couldn't get it off easily.

fairimum Thu 20-Oct-11 14:41:33

i had the new buggy snuggle on the vista it worked fab and if i hadnt got the ganoosh i was just going to cut a hole for the recline handle! lol

Kobus79 Wed 10-Oct-12 11:07:56

Thinking of getting a second hand buggy snuggle for our Vista. Would that work? I cannot find anywhere if that one has an envelope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now