Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Need to rethink pram

(10 Posts)
Minus273 Mon 17-Oct-11 14:46:10

Had a pram ordered and was due this week, now being told will be at least 10 more weeks so have had to cancel. I have £350 to spend and want a pram that can lie flat and since it is coming into winter a cosy one if possible. Also need a car seat as that was part of the original order.

Any ideas very welcome.

aswellasyou Mon 17-Oct-11 15:15:59

I have some questions first:
What was it you ordered? And why did you choose that one over others?
Do you need it to go off road, over cobbles/bumpy pavements or just in the city?
Do you want a carrycot or just a seat unit suitable from birth?
Does it need to be light and/or compact folded?
Will you use public transport much?
Do you want to be able to convert it to a double in the future?

Notnapping Mon 17-Oct-11 15:27:16

Oh Ill help I like prams and shopping smile what did u order and why? X

Notnapping Mon 17-Oct-11 15:38:41

https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Mychoice-Pram-Pushchair-Seat/dp/B001NLZ0PA?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=42764041&sr=1-1&qid=1318862060&pf_rd_r=02CKZ9J7HE5F6Q6M0RW6&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

Mothercare my choice choose the seat then either the 3 or 4 wheel chassis and you save 70 quid then code NASR gives you a further 10% off bringing it to 325 the seat unit converts to a carrycot and is really nice my neighbours still using hers for her 2 year old the maxi cosi fits on which is 125 at mothecare +10%off would bring it to113 but I'm sure I'll find a better offer on it if you give me a min

Mothercare also give you a 2 year guarantee

Notnapping Mon 17-Oct-11 15:43:21

http://www.kiddisave.co.uk/store/product/6670/Maxi-Cosi-Cabrio-Car-Seat-2011-Black-Reflection/
Here for 99 get Mothercare to price match it and you get a twenty pound voucher

aswellasyou Mon 17-Oct-11 15:51:48

I'm not a fan of Mothercare becasue their customer service is appalling and they often have significant issues with the quality of their products. My suggestion without knowing what it is you want/need, would be a BabyStyle Oyster like this with this carseat. I'm sure there are better deals out there but I don't have time to look right now. smile

Notnapping Mon 17-Oct-11 16:12:31

I'm the opposit always had excellent service from Mothercare and even been given free parts 5 years later and the ladies in my local store are lovely

There's always the second hand option if so I'd recommend the bugaboo prams

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUGABOO-GECKO-COMPLETE-PACKAGE-MAXI-COSI-CABRIOFIX-ETC-ETC-/140619761787?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item20bd97487b

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUGABOO-CAMELEON-CHAMELEON-YELLOW-FOOTMUFF-PARASOL-/140617171168?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item20bd6fc0e0

I have the cam and LOVE it Wide range of colours available too

Minus273 Mon 17-Oct-11 17:13:32

Sorry had to pop out to collect the refund and got stuck in the floods.

I chose a travel system, it was a little like the Hauck Apollo. I chose from a limited selection in the local shop., Very small as I live in a village. I wanted something the baby could lie down in and be nice and warm, thinking of Scottish winters. I am more likely to walk or drive, although may get an intercity train to go visiting.

aswellasyou Mon 17-Oct-11 18:39:40

Do you want the baby to face you? I think I'd go for an offroader if you live in an area prone to a lot of snow. I'm thinking along the lines of a Baby Jogger City Elite or Easywalker Sky or Qtro.

Minus273 Mon 17-Oct-11 18:41:44

I like the baby facing me but its not a deal breaker.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: