Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Need to rethink pram

(10 Posts)
Minus273 Mon 17-Oct-11 14:46:10

Had a pram ordered and was due this week, now being told will be at least 10 more weeks so have had to cancel. I have £350 to spend and want a pram that can lie flat and since it is coming into winter a cosy one if possible. Also need a car seat as that was part of the original order.

Any ideas very welcome.

aswellasyou Mon 17-Oct-11 15:15:59

I have some questions first:
What was it you ordered? And why did you choose that one over others?
Do you need it to go off road, over cobbles/bumpy pavements or just in the city?
Do you want a carrycot or just a seat unit suitable from birth?
Does it need to be light and/or compact folded?
Will you use public transport much?
Do you want to be able to convert it to a double in the future?

Notnapping Mon 17-Oct-11 15:27:16

Oh Ill help I like prams and shopping smile what did u order and why? X

Notnapping Mon 17-Oct-11 15:38:41

https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Mychoice-Pram-Pushchair-Seat/dp/B001NLZ0PA?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=42764041&sr=1-1&qid=1318862060&pf_rd_r=02CKZ9J7HE5F6Q6M0RW6&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

Mothercare my choice choose the seat then either the 3 or 4 wheel chassis and you save 70 quid then code NASR gives you a further 10% off bringing it to 325 the seat unit converts to a carrycot and is really nice my neighbours still using hers for her 2 year old the maxi cosi fits on which is 125 at mothecare +10%off would bring it to113 but I'm sure I'll find a better offer on it if you give me a min

Mothercare also give you a 2 year guarantee

Notnapping Mon 17-Oct-11 15:43:21

http://www.kiddisave.co.uk/store/product/6670/Maxi-Cosi-Cabrio-Car-Seat-2011-Black-Reflection/
Here for 99 get Mothercare to price match it and you get a twenty pound voucher

aswellasyou Mon 17-Oct-11 15:51:48

I'm not a fan of Mothercare becasue their customer service is appalling and they often have significant issues with the quality of their products. My suggestion without knowing what it is you want/need, would be a BabyStyle Oyster like this with this carseat. I'm sure there are better deals out there but I don't have time to look right now. smile

Notnapping Mon 17-Oct-11 16:12:31

I'm the opposit always had excellent service from Mothercare and even been given free parts 5 years later and the ladies in my local store are lovely

There's always the second hand option if so I'd recommend the bugaboo prams

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUGABOO-GECKO-COMPLETE-PACKAGE-MAXI-COSI-CABRIOFIX-ETC-ETC-/140619761787?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item20bd97487b

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUGABOO-CAMELEON-CHAMELEON-YELLOW-FOOTMUFF-PARASOL-/140617171168?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item20bd6fc0e0

I have the cam and LOVE it Wide range of colours available too

Minus273 Mon 17-Oct-11 17:13:32

Sorry had to pop out to collect the refund and got stuck in the floods.

I chose a travel system, it was a little like the Hauck Apollo. I chose from a limited selection in the local shop., Very small as I live in a village. I wanted something the baby could lie down in and be nice and warm, thinking of Scottish winters. I am more likely to walk or drive, although may get an intercity train to go visiting.

aswellasyou Mon 17-Oct-11 18:39:40

Do you want the baby to face you? I think I'd go for an offroader if you live in an area prone to a lot of snow. I'm thinking along the lines of a Baby Jogger City Elite or Easywalker Sky or Qtro.

Minus273 Mon 17-Oct-11 18:41:44

I like the baby facing me but its not a deal breaker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now