Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Herqules Owners Club!

(16 Posts)
Daisybell1 Fri 14-Oct-11 15:26:20

Ok, so that'll just be me then, unless Sleepevader wants to join (am hoping so as I have questions!)

Two more trips out in the Herqules and I'm finding some more things out:

I've been twiddling the knobs to adjust the suspension at the back - is this supposed to screw up and down - mine has some large screws beneath the air suspension units - am wondering if they need greasing.

My dad's worried about the front axle - he says its made of very soft metal and is worried about it buckling. It has been very heavily greased in the past - will need to keep an eye on this.

I managed to fill the front wheel completely with mud yesterday - maybe I was too ambitious with my rocky muddly bridleway....

Does anyone make rain covers which fit over a large carrycot on a 3 wheeler? The Herqules cover won't fit over my carrycot!

pramsgalore Fri 14-Oct-11 15:50:47

www.bangla.pl/pliki/raptor3itwinraptorspin.pdf
instructions again smile page 28 tells you how to use and incudes how to do the suspention, grin
mamas and papas carrycots are large so one of their throw over raon covers may do like this, but is not my fault if it don't grin

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-RAINCOVER-MAMAS-PAPAS-ULTIMA-/310279867480?pt=UK_Baby_Pushchair_Accessories_parts_ET&hash=item483e1f0c58

Daisybell1 Sun 16-Oct-11 09:01:31

Thank you Prams. I've twiddled those knobs but they don't seem to be having much effect, the suspension unit doesn't seem to be moving up and down the screw. Hmmm, one for my dad, think!

Thanks also for the rain cover tipoff - will investigate!

sleepevader Sun 23-Oct-11 15:30:31

Hello just found this and marking my place for reading!

sleepevader Sun 23-Oct-11 16:28:04

Hi I haven't really used mine yet as baby not here. Off roading will be beaches etc but not tested it yet.

I only have the duolift. Have you checked out emmalunga for raincovers as their prams are very similar.

sparklystar Sun 23-Oct-11 16:34:34

Hi

Hope you don't mind me joining in I have had my Hercules razor 6 spin for 3.5 years now and still going strong.

Let me know if there are any questions I could help with smile

Thanks for the tip about the rancover unfortunatly mine does need replacing.

sleepevader Thu 27-Oct-11 21:17:01

Hi still not got a baby to occupy Herqules.

Any joy on raincovers?

Daisybell1 Thu 27-Oct-11 21:23:24

Thinking of you Sleep, hope the occupant puts in an appearance soon!

Hi Sparkly! Do you still love your herq? Have you had any joy adjusting the suspension? I can't work out if the suspension units are supposed to move up and down the screws at the back...

sparklystar Fri 28-Oct-11 08:05:16

Hi Daisybell I do still love it although only use it occasionally for DD 3yo sad The suspension is a tricky one I never really noticed a difference tbh I used to just have it so it absorbed the bumps for DD. I also have to say that when I got my Herq my friend bought a M&P pram similar setup but only used it for 6 months whereas I used my for a good 2 years constantly and then when DD started walking more bought a kick and fold.

Daisybell1 Sat 29-Oct-11 19:13:35

Sleep I've now tested it further in pushchair mode, and I reckon that the duolift is the way to go. The push was even better in pushchair mode (baby didn't bounce around nearly so much), so with the duolift you should have the perfect combo!

Not sure what to do with the suspension - will probably leave it for now!

sleepevader Thu 10-Nov-11 15:36:25

Well just back from its maiden voyage with DD- 1 week old.

I hate it! I'm so used to my bjcm. I think it's going to be sold and i will get s vigour for parent facing when DD outgrows carrycot.

Daisybell1 Thu 10-Nov-11 17:55:03

Congratulations on your little girl!

But oh no! What makes you hate it? <is now confused>

I managed to persuade OH to get us a BJCM yesterday grin Does this spell the end for the Herqules????

suzie38 Thu 10-Nov-11 18:04:33

What's the Duolift???

Tiggywunkle Thu 10-Nov-11 18:07:07

It's like a carrycot thingy that turns into a cosy toes later. I was curious too!

sleepevader Thu 10-Nov-11 20:07:05

Daisybell- I would consider getting the elite instead of the city mini.

I found it heavy and difficult to steer on the school run. Difficult to get in classroom. However it probably was a comfy ride for her but mummy was sweating by the time I got to school! This may be the postnatal sweats so going to give it a few weeks before looking at alternatives. Plus the Herqules will never fit in the car!

Maybe a britax vigour? I want something that will be parent facing, go through light snow and easy to steer!

jkr985 Sat 22-Sep-12 17:52:04

now you see, i have the green and black one and i love it, but thanks to the lady who commented about the emmaljunga buggies being similar as im looking for a replacement raincover

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now