Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

3 under 3 pram(s) plan.. MB double plus ANOther

(6 Posts)
UntamedShrew Fri 14-Oct-11 11:17:15

I've got (& love) a MB Urban double for my 2.5y DTs. DC3 is due in December and I'm thinking I need want a single pram too. We walk a lot, to friends' houses, shops or park but don't really need buses or the car thankfully.

So my plan is:
Mornings when DTs are at nursery, take baby out in single pram
Afternoons take out double with 1 DT in, baby in, other DT on buggy board (and baby born for when all 3 tired
...eventually move to just single pram with a buggy board, DTs taking turns or walking

Does that sound do-able?

I think I've got the 2nd pram down to 2: the MB Swift or the City jogger. DH is being an old grump about how much of the house will be taken up by pushchairs so it needs to fold up behind a door (city jogger looks good for this). But it also needs to work with a board and CJ looks worse than MB on this score. Any experience of either please?

Thank you.

Tiggywunkle Fri 14-Oct-11 18:41:37

I think given your DTs are 2.5 that it should be doable as you suggest but why don't you look at a buggy board or probably a Freerider which will go onto the MB and whichever other pushchair you get. The City Mini will fold up nicely and slide into a gap. Have a look at the Britax B-Agile too. The B-Agile and Swift are both too short for me at 5ft 6ins whereas the City Mini is possibly a tad too tall but definitely better than the other to. So I don't know if that helps you decide?
The Baby Jogger is far superior in terms of features eg better recline, more padding, larger hood, mesh pocket on the back, large basket etc. You can add a carrycot or car seat too (as you can the Swift).
A freerider scooter board will go onto either a MB or soon also the BJCM. The Baby Jogger Glider Board will go on the City Mini. Also look at the Bump Rider which supposedly fits 99% of pushchairs.

UntamedShrew Fri 14-Oct-11 19:37:17

Thanks so much, Tiggy!

I hadn't heard of those boards, everyone here seems to have the Lascal so was going to follow suit, but I will investigate the ones you recommend. A scooter board sounds brill!

Interesting you say the swift is too short - I'm 5'9 & DH 6'3..! One of the main reasons we favoured the M B was the adjustable handle, which has been so handy compared to friends' out&about nippers. I thought the swift was the same deal?

Thanks again!

Tiggywunkle Fri 14-Oct-11 20:09:31

Look here and you should be able to see the Duet, Twinner Twist Duo and Elite - the first photo shows all three with the handlebars at maximum height and you can see the difference! I went to a shop recently and mentioned I had had back problems pushing the Diet because the handle was so low, the sales assistant started to say, no way, the handle is tall, and I simply pointed to the Swift on the shop floor and said, look how much lower the Swift handle is to everything else on the shop floor! There were several inches between that and the next shortest handlebar in immediate view. If you go through the side by side comparisons on Best Buggy you should be able to gauge the height of the Nipper (low) to the City Mini (highish) by comparing one pushchair against another.
There is a new Nipper just out BTW which has an adjustable handle but I don't know how high it actually comes up. But it would be worth a look although IMHO the City Mini is more cosy for a baby.
Also, have you looked at the Baby Jogger Elite - it's very similar to the City Mini but with much better wheels, very padded seats, better basket access, a calf rest that lifts up, adjustable handlebar, handbrake and more. The wheels pop off really easily for flatter storage.

titan Fri 14-Oct-11 20:14:16

Hi,don't know about the others but we have a swift and the handle is adjustable. I am 5'7" and use it in about the middle setting so don't find it too low. The way the handle folds under is convenient for buses, lifts etc. It's a pain to fold though so I never do!

Tiggywunkle Fri 14-Oct-11 20:46:13

The Swift handle us adjustable - it's just still on the short side even on the highest setting! It feels tall though until you see it next to another pushchair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now