Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Second hand Micralite Toros - why so hard to come by?

(6 Posts)
QueenOfFlamingEverything Wed 12-Oct-11 19:06:28

I love our Fastfold but DS hates the seat so thought a Toro would be perfect but I can't afford a new one. But they dont seem to come up on Ebay much and when they do they are either collection only from somewhere many miles from me, or going at almost new prices. Have also tried local Gumtree and MN/NetMums for sale sections to no avail.

Is this because a) they are fabulous and people hang onto them or b) they are crap and nobody buys them to start with?

MonkeysPunk Wed 12-Oct-11 19:44:45

Good question!
They must sell well otherwise the Micralite company would've stopped selling them surely? They've just brought out a new version recently too.

Tiggywunkle Wed 12-Oct-11 19:52:25

I would love to know a) what makes them so fabulous (everyone seems to love them but yet the seats look odd to me), and b) what's the main differences between the two ie why would you buy a Toro over a Fastfold (other than I assume the latter is easier to fold)!

MonkeysPunk Wed 12-Oct-11 20:58:50

If it was my one and only buggy i would get the toro for the more structured seat and bigger hood. I think it offers more support from birth upwards.
As a second buggy / stroller and for older kids I choose the superlite. The toro is for up to 40lbs and the superlite is up to 55lbs.
I quite like the hammock seat of the superlite. It looks different but is apparently very comfortable.
I wish I knew when the Micralite with the stand step and huge storage bag is going to be released.

QueenOfFlamingEverything Wed 12-Oct-11 20:59:58

The Toro has a rigid seat that can recline fully - the Fastfold just has a hammock seat with 2 very similar and both rather slumpy positions. I think they fold in basically the same way though.

I love it because it weighs next to nothing, folds and pushes one-handed, but can still get up steps and over bumpy ground well.

pramsgalore Wed 12-Oct-11 21:04:39

i have a fast fold and i like it because i can push a large child in it still with one hand and he fits in the seat with room to spare, i don't like the lack of storage or using it with the buggyboard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now