Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchair puzzle

(15 Posts)
knitterati Wed 12-Oct-11 11:11:46

Hope some more experienced and wise MNetters can help me out.

I'm 16wks pregnant with DC1 and am really struggling to get to grips with what pram/pushchair/travel system to buy.

DH and I had a tour of John Lewis baby travel dept and I saw the iCandy (can't remember which version) which looked like it might suit our needs, which are:
- Something I can push round our village (with bumpy pavements)
- Something that can face me and the outside world
- Something I can put in the back of the car easily by myself plus a couple of bags of shopping (i.e. not a boot filler). We have an Audi A3, so a decent size boot.
- Something that will fit a carrycot, car seat and buggy seat (when baby is older)
- Public transport not really an issue here
- Storage space is ok, but obviously if it folds down then great.

Any suggestions or advice greatly welcomed!

jezebelle Wed 12-Oct-11 11:41:11

The bugaboo bee ?? i'm a bugaboo lover though, have the bee and cameleon, would kinda like the donkey as having baby number 4 early next yr but it looks a bit big smile

aswellasyou Wed 12-Oct-11 12:13:30

The Bee wouldn't be good on bumpy pavements though would it?
Do you want to be able to attach a second seat for a future child?

Some suggestions are:
Joolz Day
iCandy Peach
iCandy Apple
Baby Jogger City Select
Bugaboo Cameleon
BabyStyle Oyster (with air tyres for an extra £25)
Concord Neo
Bebecar Ip-Op

pramsgalore Wed 12-Oct-11 12:17:17

mima xari grin

aswellasyou Wed 12-Oct-11 12:18:18

Oh and the Norton Pure but the basket's not especially big. smile

fairimum Wed 12-Oct-11 12:26:28

uppababy vista!! smile MUCH prefer it over the icandy, but still has all the positives of the icandy just much nicer and sturdier!

saoirse86 Wed 12-Oct-11 12:26:32

Gosh there are so many... Babystyle oyster with air tyres, uppababy vista, bugaboo cameleon, there's a new easywalker june which looks great but not out till the spring, there are loads more, I just can't think at the moment.

I assume you're not after serious off roaders, and you want something pretty, otherwise there's easywalkers Sky or qtro and mountain buggys, that sort of thing.

knitterati Wed 12-Oct-11 14:23:20

Wow ok! There is certainly a lot of choice! Thanks for the replies.

I'm not really fussed about attaching a second seat for a future child - I'm hoping to space any future children out! (best laid plans and all that).

I don't think it needs to be a serious off-roader, so pretty can be considered smile. We just have a couple of rough roads/pavements round here, which I'd hope most pushchairs would cope with.

Right... off to investigate all these helpful suggestions! Thanks!

knitterati Wed 12-Oct-11 14:29:37

Meant to say - Apart from Bugaboo, I'm surprised how few of these manufacturers have videos of them folding down the pushchair, setting back up, putting it in a boot etc.
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place..

fairimum Wed 12-Oct-11 14:37:42

have you had a look on youtube, lots of reviews on most buggies showing them folding etc!

pramsgalore Wed 12-Oct-11 14:49:35

baby gizmo reviews on you tube are always very good

MonkeysPunk Wed 12-Oct-11 21:19:26

I would keep my eye on the Easywalker June. It looks fab.
I have an uppababy Vista which I'm really happy with and would thoroughly recommend. It's just so nice and light and easy to push. I like the quality and durability it offers. It's also got the biggest shopping basket which is v useful.
The uppababy vista is very user friendly. Nothing complicated about it.

Kayano Fri 14-Oct-11 16:03:45

iCandy strawberry, due out in November

The one hand folding looks awesome grin I'm getting one

SamSmith Thu 20-Oct-11 15:27:38

all the quinny pushchairs seem to be compatible with maxi cosi car seats and carrycots. Maybe a three wheeler wil be best for rough pavements. Take a look at the maxi-cosi mura - www.pramsupermarket.com/compare-maxi-cosi-mura-pushchair which is compatible with both a carrycot and car the pebble or cabriofix as well as having a reversible seat. Hope that helps.... smile

bumpertobumper Thu 20-Oct-11 22:27:42

my SIL has an iCandy. it is rather cumbersome to get into the boot and takes up pretty much all the space in her Golf (pretty much the same as an A3).
Otherwise she likes it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now