Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Nowhere has a b-dual I can look at, let alone play with!

(13 Posts)
ImpYCelyn Wed 12-Oct-11 09:15:19

I've found a really good deal online, but I want to see one in the flesh first.

None of the Mothercares, JLs or Halfords near me have one in stock, despite being listed on the Britax website as stockists. And the one indy shop on there doesn't have one either.

Did anyone manage to find one to play with, or did you just buy unseen?

Also, are good deals likely to last? I don't need it for ages yet, but I've found one for £350 with 2nd seat, car seat and soft carrycot included, which seems to good to pass up, I could just stick it in the cellar for now.

TIA smile

saoirse86 Wed 12-Oct-11 09:55:37

My sister and I bought a b dual for our dd's to go in when we're together. We did get to see it before buying, and we also looked at loads of other doubles. We really did need to see it in real life because we had to check it would go in our mum's stupidly small boot (which it did).

We've been really happy with it. It pushes well, the seats look comfy and are a good size, and the shopping basket is a really good size and easily accessible from any side.

£350 for all that sounds like a bargain! We bought ours about 2 months ago and it was £354 for the pushchair, second seat and car seat. But we wanted the purple rain so I think that's normally not as cheap.

I'd go for it. Surely you can have a play and if you're not happy then just return it.

Good luck with the new baby! smile

jezebelle Wed 12-Oct-11 11:43:00

What car has your mum got Saoirse, i have a new type fiesta and am currently trying to find a double that will fit in it ??

aswellasyou Wed 12-Oct-11 12:06:25

We found them in two local Mothercare stores to try out, but I agree you should be able to send it back if you're not happy with it. Or accost someone on the street if you see one while you're out and about. wink I'd be happy to be accosted if you're in Birmingham anytime. grin

jezebelle, our Mum's car is a Peugeot 207. We pop one wheel off to lie it flat and there's loads of room left for bags of shopping and all the other crap our Mum keeps in her boot. hmm

If it's this one you're planning on buying, make sure you use the code PLOFBK5OFF to get an extra 5% off.

saoirse86 Wed 12-Oct-11 12:10:16

It's a Peugeot 207. It's not a particularly small car but the boot is a weird size and shape so we found it difficult to get anything in, even taking the parcel shelf off. We can get the b dual in flat with a wheel off and the parcel shelf can stay on. There's even then some room to shove other stuff in around it.

We've had a maclarem twin traveller which was really long and we ended up bending the chassis from all the shoving in we did with it. Then we had a Jane power twin which to be fair fitted in very well. Then a kolcraft contours which is an absolute beast and we could just fit it in with a lot of sweating, heaving and swearing effort but with the parcel shelf off.

The b dual is so much better than the others we've had and felt better than others we've played with, even much more expensive ones.

I've used it as a single too and it's nice having dd high up facing me. I often just have that in my car and then I know we're ok whether we need a single or double. The second seat is really easy to remove. I used to cart around a double and single all the time before we got the b dual, so I'm sure it must be saving on fuel too! grin

aswellasyou Wed 12-Oct-11 12:20:04

Saoirse, just don't tell DP you're not using the single or he'll make you get rid of it!grin

saoirse86 Wed 12-Oct-11 12:31:08

Well it's been sitting in sil's hallway for 2 weeks so I haven't been using it. It's a good job I've got 2 others!

Tiggywunkle Wed 12-Oct-11 13:01:48

I got one unseen and given the old one had not great reviews, I thought I wouldn't like the B-Dual. But it was fab! We really liked it. The only negative I have, which isn't a huge deal and compared to the huge positives (especially when Doubles are a minefield) is that older children seem to 'hang' from the seats. This can be alleviated in the upper seat by lifting the footrest up to horizontal or higher. It's more of an issue for a baby underneath but a soft cot keeps their legs flat in front of them from what I hear. But it's great to push, freestands when folded, is sturdy, has good hoods, has a good basket, folds with both seats on (although it is a chunk!), has an adjustable handlebar and all round is one of the best tandems on the market. Being utterly honest you would be hard pushed to find anything better that will last you, at this point in time. I would get it, open it carefully on carpet, and if you don't like it you are within your rights to return it within something like 7 days under distance selling rules.

ImpYCelyn Wed 12-Oct-11 13:25:32

Thanks so much everyone, I think I'll go for it and check it out when it arrives.

Esp big thanks to aswellasyou - it's not that one, it's a black one with a cot instead of a footmuff, but from the same shop, so I think I can still use the code, thank you so much!

Tiggywunkle - I don't really need it til next March/April, but I've not heard of anything else coming out before then that I could get for a similar (or not much higher) price. Do you know if there will be anything? (Sorry to pick your brain grin )

Thanks again everyone!

aswellasyou Wed 12-Oct-11 13:30:13

You're more than welcome. smile
I think all the new doubles will be a lot more expensive than this is.

Tiggywunkle Wed 12-Oct-11 15:11:47

I can't think of anything to be honest. I don't think the new pushchairs will be out much before Spring and the ones which may be will be more than double the price. go for it and enjoy ;)

ImpYCelyn Wed 12-Oct-11 17:13:22

We can't stretch to double that. So I'm going to order it and have a very careful play with it to check I like it. I think it's our best bet though.

Thanks very much again smile

SamSmith Thu 20-Oct-11 15:35:36

Just done a quick check and it seems like lot's of retailers are advertising they have this in stock online - this page shows which retailers have this : www.pramsupermarket.com/compare-britax-b-dual

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now