Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchairs etc for a newbie

(5 Posts)
dreamc1 Sun 09-Oct-11 19:56:05

Hi, I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my first and due mid April. I'm very short (5ft1') and have back issues so am quite weak in that area so I'm looking for a light weight combination of car seat / pushchair.
Should we get a system that will do the job or a car seat that stays in the car and a seperate pushchair?
Any advice would be helpful. Thanx

milk Sun 09-Oct-11 20:17:22

I am also 5ft1, and I've never considered myself to be "very short" sad

Anyway, I would recommend you go to John Lewis and try out the Bugaboo Bee

http://www.bugaboo.com/learn/bugaboo-bee?id=6010

Very easy to put up and down, plus its low down smile

Tiggywunkle Sun 09-Oct-11 21:24:56

Have a look at the new Britax B-Agile. It's got a very low handle - 96cms - and takes a car seat and carrycot. Easy peasy fold, flat to store, good basket, large hood. I think it would serve you well.

pramsgalore Mon 10-Oct-11 00:05:03

will you be lifting it in and out of a car on your own alot, if not look at the stokke xplory at the seat is high so no bending down to see to baby, i also have a bad back and i love pushchairs that have high seats as it kills my back bending down, i have had a stokke and you can adjust the seat and handle to suit your height so good for your back, but they are an urban pushchair and not for off road as have no suspension, another good one is the mima xari, again high seat and adjustable handle. beening short i find a pivoting handle better than a telescopic handle, i am 5 foot

suzie38 Mon 10-Oct-11 08:30:07

I was going to say the Vista as it has a high seat but the handle felt too high for me and i'm 5'2" so not one to choose in reality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now