Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best sleep inducing pushchair for a 6 month old

(7 Posts)
haloflo Fri 07-Oct-11 16:20:48

Hiya I wondered if anyone could recommend a cheap/widely available second hand pushchair for a 6 month old.

DD used to sleep great in the carrycot of my baby style osyter but the seat bit doesn't lie flat and she only sleeps for a half hour.

I'm looking for something which would lie flat and be warm and cosy for her in the winter. Something which takes the bumpy pavements and could maybe handle a country path a bit better would be good.

4madboys Fri 07-Oct-11 16:34:36

have you looked at an instep nipper 360? it lies totally flat, is a three wheel pushchair so great for bumpy ground, very light weight, pushes like a breeze, you can get them easily second hand on ebay or £150-£180 new i think?

aswellasyou Fri 07-Oct-11 20:13:30

She might prefer something with sides, unlike the Oyster. My daughter seems very happy sleeping in bucket seats-I think they're quite coccooning. Do you think yours would like them?

haloflo Fri 07-Oct-11 20:20:48

Thank you 4madboys I will look at the instep nipper 360.

aswellasyou Yes quite possibly, although she seems to wriggle half an hour into her nap like she isn't that comfortable and that wakes her up. Sides would be good to fix a toy bar too though for when she gets bored of looking around.

I'm quite disappointed with the oyster actually but I wanted something light and parent facing before DD was born and it seemed to fit the bill. If I get a new one I will miss looking at her face and chatting to her though. sad

reallyfuckingscared Fri 07-Oct-11 20:21:45

I had the same problem and got hold of a second hand Quinny Speedi. It doesn't lie completely flat, although very nearly, but the cosy-toes is so snuggly and lovely she sleeps wonderfully in it, it's lovely to push, awesome offroad and has been my best ever pushchair (I've owned/used 6).

Tiggywunkle Fri 07-Oct-11 20:41:00

My son sleeps best in our Baby Jogger City Mini. I think because the hood is so dark with tall sides. The Elite would be better for bumpy pavements though.

smogwod Fri 07-Oct-11 20:56:17

I agree with tiggywunkle - my 3 year-old still asks to go for a nap in hers! The enormous hood is fantastic for both sun protection and providing a little bit of a cocoon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now