Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Why don't I like my Bugaboo Bee?

(15 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Wed 05-Oct-11 12:13:26

I have a 11week old dd and just moved her from her carrycot on the micralite into the bee yesterday.

Was really disappointed with the push, felt 'heavy' and hardgoing one handed. Really hard up kerbs too.

DD however was happy in it!

I can't believe i've spent so much on a pushchair i don't like now. I have it on ebay already, but maybe i need to give it longer to see if i do like it? And stop comparing it to micralite as that has the rear air tyres so will push differently.

Everyone raves about their bees and i was reluctant to buy one if im honest but thought it was the best compact rear facer there was.

MonkeysPunk Wed 05-Oct-11 13:30:39

Most people that have it haven't actually tried the Micralite first. If they did, they might not hold their bee in quite such high esteem.
Have you decided whether to get an alternative to the bee or just stick with the Micralite?

MonkeysPunk Wed 05-Oct-11 13:32:35

Do you have the Micralite all terrain wheels?
What about the Micralite Toro? It's had some small improvements recently.

sprinkles77 Wed 05-Oct-11 13:40:52

No idea about the micralite. But I love my bee. Though I have the old one and have heard a few people who feel the newer one is not as good.

MonkeysPunk Wed 05-Oct-11 14:17:00

fb10 gets 10% off at www.pramworld.co.uk (until fri I think!) if that is any help? x

nicolamumof3 Wed 05-Oct-11 14:59:08

right, i've taken it out again, and its a keeper! Its small nippy and is a good push for what it is tbh. DD seemed comfy in it too. Will pack it away now i've tested it! And keep her in carrycot til she's truly outgrown the micralite. Would love the all terrain kit but don't think they make it anymore?

pramsgalore Wed 05-Oct-11 15:42:23

i can recommend the all terrain kit, but yes you are right, they have discontinued it, but they do pop up on ebay now and again

MonkeysPunk Wed 05-Oct-11 19:11:40

No they don't make the all terrain kit anymore. I really want one. sad

pramsgalore Wed 05-Oct-11 19:27:12

i got mine off ebay.

MonkeysPunk Wed 05-Oct-11 21:44:31

They don't come up v often. You were lucky!

KateShmate Wed 05-Oct-11 22:02:40

If its any help, the Micralite carrycot can be fitted onto the Bee frame (Bee+) with the maxi-cosi adaptors - brilliant smile

Eskarina Sun 09-Oct-11 09:11:48

Are the front wheels on your bee misbehaving? I love mine but after 4 weeks use it is behaving like a wonky shopping trolley, all heavy and unruly and impossible to get up kerns. We took it back to John Lewis and they said there's been a problem with front wheels and bugaboo are sending new wheels out to anyone who asks. Might be worth investigating, though it sounds like you have an alternative you prefer anyway.

nicolamumof3 Tue 11-Oct-11 18:33:28

hi i don't think mine is part of the batch with the wheel probs as i checked this out, and is reason why i was keen to use the bee before she totally outgrew micralite cc in case i had any probs with it. On second use i rather liked it tbh.

MrsBloodyTroll Tue 25-Oct-11 09:31:08

Congrats Eskarina you are in the Daily Mail today!

here

Such lazy journalism...I just came searching for the MN threads where all these mums are up in arms about it, because I started a couple of threads about the Bee myself. Searched on the quote and found this thread.

Effing DM!

Tiggywunkle Tue 25-Oct-11 12:09:37

Gosh! Thats two newspaper quotes I have seen this week. I am keeping quiet now lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now