Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Any reviews on Silver Cross Surf, or should i stick to my Bee?

(3 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Tue 04-Oct-11 13:49:22

I currently have dd in a carrycot on our micralite superlite, its fab, a great push, nice and light very maneovreable etc.

I bought a bee+ months ago to use for when she outgrew cc as didn't want her in micralite pushchair til she was alot older. Im now having a wobble about the bee, not sure i like her in it, tried her today at nearly 11weeks and not sure. Seems low, flimsy, and little protection unless she's in cocoon which i feel she will soon outgrow. Also unsure how the bee will perform in winter weather..

Rather fancy the silver cross but that is based on looks alone atm, not seen one close up to have a play with.

MonkeysPunk Tue 04-Oct-11 14:09:20

I've seen it up close - I wasn't expecting to like it, I had in truth a rather low opinion of Silver Cross since they changed hands after the company liquidised in Sept 2002 news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/2924993.stm
However, when I gave the Silver Cross surf a brief look-over in Babies R Us a few months ago I thought it looked good quality.
I did not push it - or even sit my child in it - but it seemed to have nice features - and be a very comfortable place to put a baby - nice ergnomic seat - which can parent face.
I have heard the basket beneath is a little impractical - however it looks fantastic! grin

As an alternative - might I suggest my favourite pram of all time - the Uppababy Vista. Light and manouverable to push - very comfortable for babies and toddlers and also folds in one piece. The Vista ought to perform well in winter weather - the wheels are a really good size.

nancythursday Tue 04-Oct-11 23:15:33

I've got a surf, had it for 6 months and I love it. It's easy to push, ds2 always falls asleep in it, so it must be comfy.
I tried a bee, but it just felt too small and flimsy to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now