Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

does anyone have an uppa baby vista with rumble seat?

(7 Posts)
mamaesi Mon 03-Oct-11 21:58:57

I am trying to find reviews/opinions on this tandem...

I may get one from new york and I would love to hear personal experiences...

Tiggywunkle Tue 04-Oct-11 00:37:08

No offence but from your other thread your 18 month old is already 14kgs which means the Rumble seat won't last him long, as it's definitely got a maximum weight of about 15.8kgs and no more. The upper seat can take more but whether the rumble seat would last your DS for the first six months and even then if you would be happy with your baby in an upright, non reclining seat, I don't know, but I wouldn't be! I am not even sure there is a five point harness on the rumble seat? Or maybe I am thinking of the M&P junior seat.

mamaesi Tue 04-Oct-11 09:08:03

yes the seat only goes to around 16kgs.

its so hard to say how much a child will grow. and I really prefer not to use the double for that long. my 18 month old already wants to walk everywhere, which I know is a pain and I need the double...

I just liked that the seat pops on and off so easily and I found some american reviews and the kid in the seat looked much bigger than my daughter

I really hate debating this...i may never decide which is the right double for me...verve, wait for promenade, duet, bdual, citi select, I am going crazy!

thank you tiggy for all your input, its very helpful!

fairimum Tue 04-Oct-11 09:20:48

it depends on the child I think as my daughter is 3.5years and is 14kgs...

codandchipstwice Tue 04-Oct-11 12:04:54

whereas my DS was 17kg at 17 months

rosehb Sat 22-Oct-11 23:03:08

I have a vista with rumble seat and I do love it but I would say it depends a lot on what you want the rumble seat for. My daughter is now nearly 4 but only 14.5kgs. I don't drive so I walk a lot and am on and off buses all day. I managed fine with my micralite toro and an ergo carrier til number 2 got too wriggly at 5 months. At that point my daughter was still needing a short nap or at least a rest on the long walk to or from nursery. So I never needed a full double. It is great for her to be able to climb in when she wants to have a sit down for a bit. When I've dropped her at nursery I can flip the seat off, shove it underneath in the massive basket (it just fits right under the main seat on the top of the basket so doesn't get in the way of shopping). I love that my two can face each other but that I can have number 2 face me if he needs more attention.

BUT it is hard work to push with all that weight on the front wheels. It's better with the main seat forward facing (balances the weight a bit) but still hard work up kerbs etc. And I'd rather it had actual air tyres for the rubbish bumpy pavements. Definitely an occasional second seat I would say but good for that.

Tiggywunkle Sat 22-Oct-11 23:40:14

I have mine now - and I actuality think it's rather fab. However it does totally depend on you hitting the right 'time slot' for your children. The Rumble seat is near enough bolt upright and as I discovered despite often sleeping in non reclined pushchairs the Rumble seat was too upright for my 15 month old to nap. As soon as he started to fall asleep his head lolled forwards so alarmingly that I quickly pulled my just 3 year old out from the main seat (she was almost 1kg over the upper weight limit because it's taken 3-4 months for the seat to come!) and swapped the children round. Thankfully the Rumble seat held her weight (surprisingly well) to get us home again.
It reminds me a lot of the City Select ie length and the way you drive it, but it's a heck of a lot lighter - I had to give up using my City Select some six months ago as it was too heavy to use. Steps and kerbs weren't simple but equally we did get up them - bearing in mind my eldest was in the rumble seat by then, it was good going.
I can't bring myself to put the upper seat parent facing. I know my DD hates being rear facing anyway but even when I flipped the upper seat footrest up to see how it looked, she wasn't happy until it went down again. So my two are successfully facing each other. If the eldest is in the top seat then her feet go right into the basket ie no danger of kicking, and the baby's feet aren't long enough to kick his sister if he is in the top seat. I think the Rumble seat footrest area takes up a lot of space - it's some 30cms from knee to foot (most footrests are around 15-25 cms) - and I could only get two bags of shopping in the basket, whereas with the footrest off (it's a separate piece) you can get far more under and the child can rest their legs on the shopping.
But if anyone reading this is interested is interested in a rumble seat for a Vista then you do need to think through where each child would sit, would one kick the other (a two year old in the top may be able to kick), and would either need to sleep. I thought a neck support would help but it won't. Also predict when the eldest is likely to reach 15.8kgs to see if it's worth getting. It is as the PP says, an add on seat, rather than a full tandem ie you can't expect all the features on it that you would a tandem!
I am not convinced by using the main seat from birth either to be able o use the rumble seat. It's very buckety but as a short outing option it would be fine. The car seat only parent faces. But the carrycot is absolutely gorgeous!! Everything you need comes in the main Vista box too eg car seat adaptors, carrycot, raincovers, insect net.
But all round it's a fab piece of kit....really really good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now