Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

tell me what you like/dislike about the BJ Citi select

(9 Posts)
mamaesi Mon 03-Oct-11 18:15:09

am thinking about this buggy and want honest opinions. thanks

elk4baby Mon 03-Oct-11 19:02:53

Mine has been 'perfect' (no, really!) when we were living in the city, in a flat. It fit through every doorway, got into every lift... and the seating options are fabulous. My two love facing each other smile and there aren't many buggies that would allow you to do that. The shopping basket has carried a LOT of stuff for us and that's real bonus when you have two kids.

I would still be madly in love with it, if we didn't move to a VERY hilly area with tilted sidewalks. I recently had an operation on my left wrist, and find it really difficult with two heavy children in it, on a tilted sidewalk going up/down a steep hill - the buggy kind of 'veers' to a side. So in conditions like that, you need to 'hold' it instead of just pushing it. (Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely maneuverable buggy and my husband hardly has a problem with it) So, if you live in an area like ours and have weak/compromised wrists, I wouldn't recommend it long term (when the LOs get older/heavier).

However, if most your walks will be on level sidewalks on flat land, it's a fab option. So much better than a P&T, where one of th children always gets the 'short stick' and you can't see either of them... It can, by all means, handle the occassional off-road trip, but just bear in mind that if you have close to 30kg of kids/luggage on it, it can get a big difficult.

mamaesi Mon 03-Oct-11 20:47:23

so far the only downside i hear is that it is heavy. but i am a bit of a weakling and my first child is quite heavy already.

maybe the citi mini double is better? but its side by side..so am worried about width

mel2005 Wed 05-Oct-11 11:08:30

i had one when they first came out, i had loads of trouble steering when there was a camber on the path, i have twins so couldnt put a lighter child on the front, also when forward facing i had to take seats off to rearange when they needed a sleep. there are some good points like the easy all in one fold and its hard to find a perfect double but i just hated pushing it in the end and sold it.

Tiggywunkle Wed 05-Oct-11 11:57:21

I had one and loved it until my children weighed about 14kgs and 9kgs and then almost out of the blue the pushchair became too heavy. It would veer to one side. It was absolutely killing the inside of my arms and wrists and within three outings I had to stop using it - we did a regular route. Through the newborn part it was fantastic though.

SusiaX Wed 05-Oct-11 18:31:08

I still love mine – my DC are currently about 14kg and 10kg. It is on the heavy side but it's nice and robust for carrying two children about and the tyres make it easy to push. You do occasionally veer on a camber but all in all I think it's great. I particularly like the fact the seats can be parent facing and the big shopping basket.

SusiaX Wed 05-Oct-11 18:32:48

And yes my DS is a chunk – just realised the difference in weight isn't that much considering there's two years between them!

Tiggywunkle Wed 05-Oct-11 19:04:49

I honestly think it depends on your routes, your uses and your determination! We would have been fine using the City Select if it hadn't been for that one small stretch of pavement - no more than 50 yards if that! Smoothe shopping centres and the rest of our route were fine. We were expert at finding dropped kerbs.

mamaesi Sat 08-Oct-11 13:06:01

what about getting on a bus? did any of you manage that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now