Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Who's had problems with their bee+ and how quickly was it rectified?

(8 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Fri 30-Sep-11 10:28:49

I bought a bee+ from Mothercare in Feb this year.

I have yet to use it as dd is only 10w old. However becoming increasingly worried about the 'wheel' issues so think i will 'test' it out over the weekend. If you've had problems with your bee how good and quick were bugaboo in replacing the wheels, I don't hear good things generally about their customer service.

Purplebuns Fri 30-Sep-11 10:37:29

I am awaiting a new chassis. However, I knew this would take a few weeks and it has only being a couple of weeks.
I have had other parts from them in literally two days before for a Cameleon that was out of warranty.
They are professional quick to respond and helpful, the reason why I was happy to pay out for a Bee even thought they are ££s.
Try out your bee and see how you go. FWIW I have never had a problem with the wheels on mine and I have had my Bee a year. The reason I am getting a new chassis is because my chassis has a rattle it still works fine and they are still replacing it for me. I think that is excellent!

Tiggywunkle Fri 30-Sep-11 11:27:19

I read yesterday that a huge 9000+ Bees apparently were in the batch with the wheel issues. But Bugaboos customer service sounds fab.

Honeydragon Fri 30-Sep-11 13:53:26

Bugaboo customer service are very good. They seem to be taking the wheel issue very seriously. I had serious issues with mine and they had a new chassis with up to date wheels to me within 3 days, including testing it.

The quickest way to find out if you have an immediate issue is to take the Bee out and push it in a straight line very quickly. If the wheels lock, or shake violently side to side, call them and let them know. depending on model number and which issue they will either send washers or new wheels

nicolamumof3 Fri 30-Sep-11 14:34:04

when i rang them tuesday, they were very dismissive and almost sarcastic, Said there is no known problem with the bee wheels or a recall. I thought if i could give them a serial no. they could confirm whether mine was one of the affected batch?

MonkeysPunk Fri 30-Sep-11 15:47:00

I had wheel issue, and also with the harness not being long enough for my 2 y old over his winter coat. (bee+), and they didn't take it seriously or resolve the problems for me.
I had major problems with a frayed hole in the basket of my cameleon, and a hole in the seat. They resolved this very swiftly by replacing the deffective parts.

Honeydragon Fri 30-Sep-11 17:24:10

I had to be very firm that there was a problem with the Bee.

I hate to say it, but I struggled with their UK staff, whereas their Netherlands staff were much more knowledgeable.

Honeydragon Fri 30-Sep-11 19:54:21

info on Bugaboo Bee wheels

they appear to have changed it since my dd landed on her head.

I have to say the Bee is still one of the best engineered pushchairs I have encountered, and at present am finding no shimmy with the new wheels and although they are not as nippy as the originals they are working thus far.

I wonder if this is why they weren't brilliant with their response, as they are looking to send the new wheels to all the registered products?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now