Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Maclaren Techno XLR carrycot - silly question?!

(11 Posts)
Pippaandpolly Wed 28-Sep-11 20:35:22

We have this and foolishly didn't try it out before DD was born. Does anyone know whether the baby can be fastened into the carrycot somehow? We were trying to figure it out today and just couldn't! There are two 'D' loops in there that presumably something attaches to, but we can't find anything to attach. I can't imagine that the baby's NOT meant to be fastened in somehow, as otherwise every time we went up or down steps she would surely slide around?! I've googled and can't find anything and the instruction booklet is useless. Anyone got one and know the answer?

Also, on a related note, the instruction booklet says the car seat can attach to the pram with straps, but we are at a loss as to which straps...I don't know whether we were missing bits from our package or whether we're just being stupid confused (We're normally fairly clever people blush)

pramsgalore Wed 28-Sep-11 20:48:31

in soft carrycots babys are not straped in but you keep the carrycot zipped up, the carrycot is straped to the buggy but not the baby, the d rings inside would i think be for if you want to add reins to strap in baby, the strap that straps car seat to pushchair i am sure looks like a luggage strap with metal oblong rings either end and a clip in the middle, i owned a xlr and this was included but i never used it, i still have it knocking about somewhere. i did wonder what it was for and did think it was for the carseat.

pramsgalore Wed 28-Sep-11 20:55:29

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkopkMNM_Bo&feature=relmfu this shows you how to fit carseat

Superene Wed 28-Sep-11 21:06:19

I got an XLR before they had carrycots and I used it from birth. I just made it flat. My ds was swaddled in the beginning so I couldn't strap him in, but as soon as I got rid of the swaddle I just used the straps normally. He never slid around or fell out even when bumping up and down steps. It was fine, and I only got a new pram when ds2 was born and we needed a double.
The car seat thing was never needed. Either the baby is in a pram to go somewhere or we go in a car. And so easy just to transfer LO if you need to use car and pram.
XLRs rock.

Pippaandpolly Thu 29-Sep-11 07:51:17

Thanks pramsgalore, that's really helpful.  Do you not find that the baby slips around inside the carrycot when not strapped in?  I guess I could pad her out with blankets!

Superene I've already got the carrycot and would like to use it if possible, but thanks for the suggestion - if I can't find a way I'm comfortable with it's good to know we've got the back up of just making the buggy flat.

pramsgalore Thu 29-Sep-11 08:07:41

i have had used 2 soft carrycots a phil and teds one and a mothercare one and both were fine but like i said keep it zipped up, but yes you can always roll a small blanket at the sides if lo is rolling around. i think you will be surprised how little lo will roll around, they are not as big as a hard carrycot

Pippaandpolly Thu 29-Sep-11 08:29:16

I think I'm just paranoid and pfb about her little head rolling around!  Have realised I could put the head hugger that goes on the pram in there - it wouldn't fasten in but might help her stay a bit stiller.

fairimum Thu 29-Sep-11 11:04:45

we used one of these in our pram www.amazon.co.uk/Kiddopotamus-Snuzzler-Infant-Head-Support/dp/B000BK8OVG

fairimum Thu 29-Sep-11 11:05:43

then we gave it to a friend so when had ds used this one - which i think we liked better!
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000KN0L2O/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000BK8OVG&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1E6ESD5VHVNKQTF9M39N

Pippaandpolly Thu 29-Sep-11 12:44:36

Fairimum those both look great - thank you!

delhibelly Thu 29-Sep-11 16:38:53

We had the XLR carrycot and never used to strap DS in - he didn't seem to roll around too much, think the suedey feel fabric acts a little bit like velcro and makes baby stick! Just the other day I was sorting some bits out and came across a strap as described by pramsgalore - I thought it must be for strapping baby into carrycot but maybe it's for the carseat, we didn't get a compatible carseat so never tried it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now