Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

New pushchairs and a new baby in January 2012

(5 Posts)
Nanny01 Tue 27-Sep-11 17:32:53

Our new baby is due in January. I am holding fire on buying a new pushchair as I heard Quinny and Baby Jogger and a few more are bringing out new models. Do you think this is workable if a just have a sling while I wait for what I really would like or would it be better to go for something tried and tested.

I would like something light weight and easy to fold that will fit in our MPV so won't have oodles of space in the boot.

So for these would be the ones I like the baby jogger GT and versa would really like to avoid making a mistake and having to buy another buggy. Equally can't see myself carying baby past 10lbs in weight as my back isn't good.

saoirse86 Tue 27-Sep-11 17:38:55

If I were you, I'd get just a cheapy pushchair at first to tide you over until you get a chance to try these new ones and make a firm decision so you don't feel rushed into choosing one.

Good luck smile

scarlettsmummy2 Tue 27-Sep-11 17:43:24

It depends where you will want the baby to sleep and if you are going to buy a moses basket too.

I used my carrycot during the day with my first baby as it saved be having to carry the moses basket up and down the stairs.

I am also due in january with baby two, when it will be cold, and I think it is quite important to have a robust windproof/ cosy pram for when out and about during the day with a newborn.

Nanny01 Tue 27-Sep-11 18:35:05

I have 3 school pick ups and really want something that will take a car seat as I am in and out of the car for and 1 1/2 hrs in every week day afternoon. I do love shiny new prams.

Tiggywunkle Tue 27-Sep-11 21:10:23

I think realistically I would choose a current pushchair, check order lead times and make a decision at the end of November based on what news comes through now the latest two shows are over. I was led to believe the Versa was very much a prototype so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't arrive until the end of summer / early autumn next year. I can't remember what was said about the GT. But if you say bought a pushchair well, then the chances are you would get your money back if you swapped later. But there are still pushchairs shown a year ago that haven't been launched yet, and some shown in March that are now due for early next year. Find out more about the ones you like, keep your eye on the relevant Facebook pages and you will get a feel of how soon they may be released.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now