Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Anyone know if the Britax Vigour 3 carrycot fits onto the B-dual?

(6 Posts)
acatcalledfelix Mon 26-Sep-11 21:26:43

That's it really. Am due in 3 weeks and an coming to accept that I'll need a double (DS will be just 2). I've got a Vigour 3 with the carry cot, so it'd be great if the carrycot DID fit!

Anyone know? smile

Tiggywunkle Mon 26-Sep-11 21:32:06

I can't see the connectors in photos. Does it have the same connectors as the B-Dual carrycot. Just to add the people I know who bought a hard carrycot for the B-Dual ended up buying soft cots for the bottom. A hard carrycot compromises the toddlers seating and the lower seat is a lovely space for a baby with high sides. I honestly recommend you consider this way of seating the children as it works better.

acatcalledfelix Mon 26-Sep-11 21:42:49

Thanks Tiggy Not sure if it's got the same connectors, I need to go to a shop to look.
I've got a hard carrycot. Does this mean I'd struggle to get a toddler in the seat below as is the intention??

Tiggywunkle Mon 26-Sep-11 21:54:35

Yes, you will almost certainly have to recline the toddler In theclower seat - i think it is possible to sit the toddler up but I hear it's not great. The lower seat drops down completely flat like a carrycot (you still need a soft cot in for legs as the baby gets older) but it works much better IMHO. Go and have a play before you buy because like I said I have know a couple of people swap to the lower seat with a soft cot. If you go to the Brirax website under B-Dual accessories you can clearly see the black connectors on the hard carrycot. I can't see these on the Vigour carrycot.

aswellasyou Tue 27-Sep-11 11:43:41

Personally, I would put the baby in the bottom seat in a soft carrycot and the toddler parent facing on top. That way you get to see both children properly. smile

plupervert Tue 27-Sep-11 11:55:50

I have just bought a B -Dual hard carrycot for a Vigour 3+ chassis. It fits perfectly.

I did this on advice from Britax, so why not give their customer services a call, to set your mind at ease?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now