Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Cam or bee in snow?

(8 Posts)
Notnapping Sat 24-Sep-11 11:42:47

hiya I've got a 6month old and a cameleon bugaboo which is great but I've been considering the bee plus as it's a bit smaller but still 2 way facing

Any comments on how the bee plus is compared to the cam with a baby this age and also how did yours cope in the snow? Should I wait until next year when winters over or sell my cam and get a bee now?

Thanks x

pramsgalore Sat 24-Sep-11 11:45:13

i would stay clear of the bee at the moment lots of issues with wheels, get cam snow wheels

Notnapping Sat 24-Sep-11 11:58:14

Really? Oh I was looking at the all black one sad what are the issues?

pramsgalore Sat 24-Sep-11 12:00:54

front wheels sticking and shimmying, someones has just had one tip over due to front wheels and hurt lo

acatcalledbob Sat 24-Sep-11 12:09:14

I bought a Bee when I knew I'd never walk through snow with a buggy. Used to have a Jane for DD1, it was practically 4wd (air filled tires with a huge tread) through the snow in Scotland, when we moved to Asia I got the Bee (first model) for DD2 as it was great on smooth pavements and nipping round shopping malls...

Don't get a Bee for snow....

Tiggywunkle Sat 24-Sep-11 12:22:20

I am not even sure I would choose the standard Chameleon specifically for snow - you would definitely need the snow wheels for more than a light sprinkling of snow.

pramsgalore Sat 24-Sep-11 12:35:09

i have a micralite with all terrain wheels, that would go through snow easy, but both are discontinued so would have to be ebay.

suzie38 Sat 24-Sep-11 14:34:50

I had snow wheels for my Frog and Cameleon and they worked brilliantly...In fact i think the pushchairs look better with them on...As much as i loved both, i still think it's rather a wierd looking thing with such tiny wheels at the front.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now