Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Help! Rear facing pram for 3 month old for off road walks

(8 Posts)
Abi057 Fri 23-Sep-11 22:03:08

Hi there, my LO is 3 months and I just got a maclaren xlr as it was light and I thought I could use it for the next few years. But I'm really missing seeing him when out walking and even the pavements seem bumpy for him sad I really want something with much better suspension for walks in the park where he is also facing me. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Iggly Fri 23-Sep-11 22:08:17

Britax b smart 3. Bit bulky but great as forward and rear facing and easy to switch - I used to do it with DS in there when younger! We took it out in the snow a few times too, no problem.

verysmellyeli Fri 23-Sep-11 22:09:26

I've got a secondhand Bugaboo. Two air filled wheels, two hard wheels. Forward or rear facing seat, plus carrycot option. Quite pricy (you can find them on E-bay) but very comfy - doesn't bump around much. Takes up a reasonable amount of room in the car boot but the wheels do come off if needed. We do the school run every day along a canal tow path and my 10 week old sleeps the whole time!

Tiggywunkle Fri 23-Sep-11 22:09:51

The iCandy Apple Jogger or a Mutsy spring to mind for serious off roading, but if you are just going to the park then most pushchairs should be comfortable. What is your budget?

ParkerRocks Fri 23-Sep-11 22:13:04

I have a Britax B Smart 3 for my LO, who is 4 months. I am very pleased with it. I walk a lot so I really wanted rear facing. It has coped well with everything I've thrown at it, walks in woods and along beaches, plus usual walking on shoddy pavements, cobbles etc! The suspension seems very good. I also really like the comfy seat, which can fully recline, and the huge hood as it keeps the sun off LO without needing a parasol.

pramsgalore Fri 23-Sep-11 22:37:05

if you have a budget there are some good older ones out there like a
Herqules Raptor 3 Spin Pushchair or some of the zoopers pf both can be found on ebay, or a teutonia spirit s3 all are good off road and pf

Tiggywunkle Sat 24-Sep-11 04:00:16

I have just discovered the new Easywalker June is due out in October. It would mean bringing one over from Europe, but it looks gorgeous!!

Abi057 Sat 24-Sep-11 17:07:53

Thanks all! I liked the look of the britax B 3 and had a look in the shops today and have just bought one on eBay smile I do like my walks and hopefully my LO will enjoy them more too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now