Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buggy for a 2 year old

(13 Posts)
sdotg Wed 21-Sep-11 15:27:37

So being a kindly older sister I'm passing my beloved stokke pram/buggy system onto my sister for her newborn leaving us buggyless.
I'm thinking a nice minimalist umbrella fold, with a recline, raincover and underneath shopping bag.
Is maclaren the only way to go?
London based so lots of buses, tubes and trains which can be a battle with the stokke so looking for the easy life.
Im debating eBay v new as it will always get used by sisters etc but I'll probably only really use it for another year I think, well unless we have another child...feels faint.
Thanks

Tiggywunkle Wed 21-Sep-11 20:03:48

I always recommend Baby Jogger - the City Mini is probably the best for minimalist life - with the simplest fold ever. The Britax B-Agile is well worth a look too.

Tiggywunkle Wed 21-Sep-11 20:05:29

I also have a Maxi Cosi Noa which is fab for my 2 year old but it's more of a quick nip into somewhere or one to use for a toddler who sometimes walks then serious walking IYKWIM.

MonkeysPunk Thu 22-Sep-11 14:51:58

Some bargain quinny senzz pushchairs direct from Dorel (the manufacturer) at their eBay outlet here
They also have other buggies/pushchairs but I think the senzz is compact fold and possibly nicer to push/use than your average umbrella fold. Looks very nice and minimalist. Some good reviews online too - but £89.99 inc a footmuff (which looks to open at the foot end also - which would allow for growing room) is a bargain! grin

MonkeysPunk Thu 22-Sep-11 14:52:58

ps - those senzz I linked to are new in box (sold through ebay outlet for Dorel) and normally retail around £250 - £300 for just the pushchair!!!

sdotg Thu 22-Sep-11 20:12:52

Ooo really you guys reckon I need more than the basic umbrella fold even at 2? I do have an old battered off road 3 wheeler for walks and the like but it's too big for public transport.

Tiggywunkle Thu 22-Sep-11 20:16:02

Lol there's lots pf lightweight strollers that aren't umbrella fold! I avoid the latter if I can!

pramsgalore Thu 22-Sep-11 20:34:04

i really would not get a senzz, i have a streety which is a difficult to get up kerbs and baby gizmo on youtube has said the senzz is difficult to get up kerbs even going as far as to say you need to put your foot on the back of the basket to help, this is the reason i have never owned one and also in the winter the hood is not going to protect lo from the wind at all as it is shaped at the back and front.

ragged Thu 22-Sep-11 20:41:08

I love MacLarens.

Nicplus2 Thu 22-Sep-11 20:47:59

baby jogger citi mini def a toddler buggy smile

DeepLeafEverything Thu 22-Sep-11 20:49:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MonkeysPunk Thu 22-Sep-11 21:23:16

Yes, but baby gizmo's Holly looks like a short arse petite to me so maybe that's one reason she found kerbs tricky. Better than putting your foot on the axel bar is to pull the handlebar towards yourself sometimes to get front wheels up. I will soon find out. There are clear plastic pieces that block the wind to the sides of the hood and a raincover that would also help from that point of view. Stroller queen thought it was great with bigger kids and on stairs too!

sdotg Thu 22-Sep-11 21:36:11

Oh the two handled thing, of course my stokke is so easily pushed one handed. Darn I'm gonna miss it more than I thought.
Thanks for advice, off to research them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now