Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Does Stokke have really bad suspension?

(6 Posts)
HoppedOnAFairy Mon 19-Sep-11 21:59:23

Hello,

I am a first time mum - and a first time pram pusher! We have a Stokke, which we chose mostly due to its height. We also live in central London and did not think that rough terrain was an important feature for us at all. And of course until now we never noticed that London pavements are very uneven, and that Stokke shakes a lot! The problem is that I have nothing to compare it with, so I do not know if it is particularly bad, or all the prams would be the same. It behaves particuarly badly on pedestrian crossings - the rough surface on the approach there, as well as, perhaps obviously, cobble stones.

Does anyone have comparative experience? Is Stokke a lot worse on rough surfaces than other prams?

Tiggywunkle Mon 19-Sep-11 22:05:28

I believe so. It's really a smooth pavement, shopping mall type pushchair. The Mima Xari / Kobi is a high pushchair that copes brilliantly with kerbs / cobbles in contrast. The Mimas have great suspension.

aswellasyou Mon 19-Sep-11 22:19:18

I think the Uppababy Vista, Britax B-Dual and Joules Day would also be good options for rough ground but still having a high seat.

pramsgalore Tue 20-Sep-11 08:20:40

what suspension hmm i have owned alot of pushchairs over the years and one being the stokke xplory, although i loved my stokke because it was different and the seat was high up, the suspension was the worst i have ever had, it is strictly an urban/shopping center pushchair, it is very unforgiving and gives baby/child a very bumping ride, i was lucky and never came accross many of the crossing you mention but when i did dd got bounced about a bit like when in a shopping trolly grin. if you are looking for a pushchair which is high up and lovely suspension look no further than a mima xari, i own one and after 59 pushchairs this is the best pushchair i have ever owned, they truely are fab in everyway.

MonkeysPunk Tue 20-Sep-11 10:31:29

Stokke has no suspension whatsoever so far as I know.
I have the uppababy Vista and am very happy with the shock absorbing suspension on it. It's comfortable for my toddler, and comfortable to push, as most shocks and jolts from pushing on rough or uneven ground are absorbed by the suspension.

fairimum Tue 20-Sep-11 13:12:09

I love my uppabbay vista smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now