Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Help from a Baby Jogger City Mini owner please!

(10 Posts)
dreamfeeder Sun 18-Sep-11 12:31:19

I have one of these pushchairs for DD. However, we have a cosytoes from John Lewis, a universal one, that just doesn't fit the pushchair. You can put it on, just, but she has only just had her first birthday and is not particularly big and the straps have to be at their longest and are still a bit tight on her. I had this problem with my old hand-me-down Bebe Confort Loola too when using a cosytoes, but know a problem with that pushchair is short straps.

Is this just the problem with cosytoes, or if I buy a proper baby jogger one will it be more suitable?!

Tiggywunkle Sun 18-Sep-11 20:21:10

Have you really lengthened the straps to their absolute maximum? The Baby Jogger straps are all huge but I have heard people saying they are on the maximum but they are still doubled at the top. Are yours single at the top? Are you really sure they are at the complete maximum. Have you undone them / moved the buckle etc. Sorry to doubt you but they should be very long.

dreamfeeder Sun 18-Sep-11 21:05:20

Hooray!!!! maybe I'm just thick. Now that is entirely possible grin The straps I have lengthened, I have done so there is no more to let out, to about a cm left after buckle. I didn't consider there could be more than one buckle to let out, or more than one area to un-double. I let out the ones on the front under the padded bits. I will investigate further tomorrow as it's raining and I can't be bothered to go and get it out of the car boot in the dark and rain... Thanks tiggywunkle.

Tiggywunkle Sun 18-Sep-11 22:04:57

That's ok! I didn't want to sound like I was stating the obvious! The side bits are linked to the top bits (I think) so you just need to undo the top bits and the crotch strap. I have just sold mine so can't look. I have a BJCM4 on the way smile

PippiLongBottom Sun 18-Sep-11 22:13:24

I thought I had this problem with a two year old in a winter coat and a footmuff but I didn't and just hadn't scrutinised properly. When I did I could see that they were double for a few cm. They are truly super long.

ladyintheradiator Sun 18-Sep-11 22:15:23

I had this too so if you're thick so am I wink but yes they're v long once you figure it out! grin

dreamfeeder Mon 19-Sep-11 12:06:50

Oh good lord, I have indeed advertised my thickness for the whole of MN to wonder at wink I shall investigate properly this time...

Nicplus2 Mon 19-Sep-11 13:07:28

sorry for hijack tiggy where have you got ur bjcm4 from if you dont mind me asking smile

PippiLongBottom Mon 19-Sep-11 16:14:53

I have a 4 wheeler too. Lesters Nursery World (which is near me). Was £214.

Tiggywunkle Mon 19-Sep-11 17:14:02

I have ordered it from Lullaboo Baby. They were due in today I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now