Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Is the bugaboo bee plus durable?

(6 Posts)
bluefootedpenguin Fri 16-Sep-11 22:08:09

Hi Ladies, I am looking for some insight. After much research and many prams/pushchairs, I opted to buy a bee plus. Its light, reversible seat, compact etc but I am disappointed by how plasticy the seat unit is. My question to anyone that has owned a bee/bee + is how durable is it? The seat feels so flimsy and i am concerned that bits may snap off. Is this an unfounded concern?

Any help appreciated, It may be finding a new home soon!

warthog Fri 16-Sep-11 22:10:56

well, i bought a bee for my 4 month old. and it broke. but admittedly i was trying to push it along the coastal path hmm so you could say that it wasn't built for that.

i had a chameleon for 5 years and put it through similar, if not worse wear and it eventually gave up, but was much sturdier.

i don't treat my pushchairs well. the chameleon lasted 2 kids and 5 years. the bee lasted 4 months with a buggy board. not particularly impressed.

pramsgalore Fri 16-Sep-11 22:17:24

my bee broken after a few weeks, wheel fell apart, not happy hmm

browneyesblue Fri 16-Sep-11 22:23:27

I've had my Bee plus for over a year now, and it is holding up fairly well. I use it in woodland and countryside settings (with the wheels fixed) as well as in city locations. I love how lightwewight and nippy it is. There has been no problem at all with the seat unit, although to be honest I didn't reverse the seat for ages - I loved being able to look at DS when he was tiny, and to be able to chat and play with him when he was a bit older!

Saying that, there were a couple of issues, but they were quickly remedied. One of the white clips that adjust the handle height became loose, but I contacted Mothercare (where I bought my Bee), and they arranged for Bugaboo to send a new set of clips directly to me. Took 5 mins to fit, and now the handle is fine.

The only other problem was the raincover, which ripped and split after just a few uses. Again, Bugaboo sent a replacement. The new cover was sturdier, so they must have changed the design.

Purplebuns Fri 16-Sep-11 22:25:20

My chassis has a mystery rattle and is being sent off, it still works well and this is with daily abuse and is 13months old. It still looks good and has no other problems smile Definitely not for off roading though!

bluefootedpenguin Sat 17-Sep-11 19:37:28

Mmmm. Think it may have to go. Thanks for your help!x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now