Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Can't decide!

(12 Posts)
Squiglettsmummy2bx Thu 15-Sep-11 21:38:28

I'm 18 weeks pregnant with dc number 3 & trying to decide on a pram. I already have mist of what I need & my mum is buying my pram, I have a budget of £800 to £1000. I love the pink silver cross surf if I am having a girl but for a boy I have been looking at the icandy peach & the bugaboo chameleon. I don't drive so pram needs to get on buses, tubes etc. I want a carrycot. I have space to keep it up all of the time. Shopping space handy but will not be overloading it as that is how I killed previous prams with my older dc. This is probably going to be my last baby & I really want something a lil bit special.
Thank you in advance for all advice/ideas

Tiggywunkle Thu 15-Sep-11 21:43:53

I think both the Peach and Chameleon are fab. Those are my top two higher priced singles. You shouldn't go far wrong with either.

pramsgalore Thu 15-Sep-11 21:45:08

i don't know about tubes or london buses, but i would take my pushchair on our local bus, i have a mima xari and i would highly recommend them.
www.cheekyrascals.co.uk/1570/xari

Squiglettsmummy2bx Thu 15-Sep-11 22:18:32

Thanks tiggy & ooohhh prams I like the look of that one, I think I need a trip to John lewis to play grin I mean test blush

Tiggywunkle Thu 15-Sep-11 23:58:06

The best way to find a pushchair you like is to go and play! Start with somewhere like Mothercare to get a general feel and save the best pram shops until last ;) By then you will have a good idea of what you like and dislike without having to go in five times and feel stalkerish lolol

fairimum Fri 16-Sep-11 09:17:39

uppababy vista is lovely smile

louby86 Fri 16-Sep-11 09:29:31

If you decide on an icandy peach don't buy from John Lewis, they were a rip off for us, we got a deal from an independent stockist that saved us quite a bit of money. We paid £815 for the pushchair, carrycot, footmuff, car seat adaptors and parasol. They offered to do £820 with a cabriofix car seat too but we'd already bought ours

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 16-Sep-11 11:50:22

Thank you for your advice, I definitely need to go & have another play smile

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 16-Sep-11 11:51:28

Louby that is an excellent deal. Where are you situated. My local independent retailer has closed down & a couple of others near by don't stock iCandy.

louby86 Fri 16-Sep-11 12:46:50

I'm in the east midlands, the deal including the car seat was from baby planet in Leicester. Not sure if they do delivery but could be worth the trip if it's not too far to travel!

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 16-Sep-11 13:30:33

I'm in London. I'm going to have a good look online when talktalk sort out my modem as I am using my phone at the moment & pram shopping on a phone is difficult to say the least angry

ENormaSnob Fri 16-Sep-11 15:12:45

I like the cameleon.

I had one for dc3 and wouldn't rule out getting another.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now