Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best and least stressful way to sell my Cameleon and how much to ask?

(7 Posts)
Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Tue 13-Sep-11 16:49:28

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and sell it sad
I do still love it but my needs have changed since ds2 was born a year ago and I have to do it.
Where is the best place to sell? I obviously want to get a fair price for it but have no idea what that price is as I do need to get something decent to use for the next year or so.
Can any of you experts help me?

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 16:56:37

what does it come with, i sell all my pushchairs on preloved and gumtree and i never post, its alway collection only, or you could try the forsale boards here. i have just bought one and it came with 2 complete bases [seat, carrycot, basket, one in denim and one in black], canvass covers, denim covers, rain cover and footmuff, in very very tip top condition [not a mark on it] and i paid 400.

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Tue 13-Sep-11 17:13:46

I don't have as much as that.
I have obviously the seat and carrycot only in one colour, Parasol, foormuff, rain-cover, carseat adaptors erm think that's it. It has been used for a year but is still in pretty great nick, it's not full of scratches and marks although is used if that makes sense.
I don't really want to register here as it cost £10 to register and I'll probably never sell anything again.

What is preloved? I did have a look at gumtree locally and there is only one n in my area and that has been relisted heaps of times I think it's is probably going to have to be ebay at this rate.
I did have one lady on NM interested but she only want to spend £100 on a buggy and it is worth more than that.

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 17:21:16

i would put it up for £350 on preloved.co.uk in the hope i got 300 - 330, but yes your quickest route would be ebay but i just see that as a big pain in the bum and it will cost you and they could pay you with paypal which would cost you even more, stick it on preloved it takes 2 weeks before non members can view contact details though, but its free and by that time people will have been paid. and then paste and copy over onto gumtree and freeads.co.uk. you will be surprised people will travel from a far, i had someone travel 2 hours away to buy my pram shock

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Tue 13-Sep-11 17:25:07

I'm in the North east of Scotland so not likely that people will travel TBH.
Thanks for that.
What do you mean it takes 2 weeks to see details? TBH if I have to wait 2 weeks to get any interest I will change my mind and I will have less time to deal with people that want to some and see it TBH.
I am really not keen on the hassle of ebay but it probably is my best option and if I stick it there I'm willing to ship it.
I just need rid TBH and it's a bit like ripping off a plaster just need to get it over and done with now I've realised I need to.

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 17:32:05

members [at a cost of £5 i think it is] can see all ads and contact details straight away, but if you are a mon member which i am, i would be able to see your ad but would not be able to contact you, its a perk of being a member being able to reply to ads before anyone else. but you don't have to be a member to place an ad thats free.
i am easy to get to down south, so this works for me, put a buy it now for 350 this is about what they seem to go for, or put higher with option of best offer.

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Tue 13-Sep-11 17:53:05

Thank you I will do that, you have been so helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now