Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

phil and teds, tell me all the things that go wrong, what to look out for when buying 2nd hand?

(16 Posts)
threecurrantbuns Tue 13-Sep-11 11:45:22

Hi pushchair gurus wink

I have jsut bought a second hand yr old p&T looked fine having a quick look round bit of wear and tear but nothing major, but just go it out the boot to unfold and noticed one of the little catches where it clicks together is starting to snap and the break is sooo hard to engage??

normal faults? or should i be contacting he seller?

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 11:55:50

the break is meant to be hard to engage so lo can not put the brake on from back seat.
don't get what you mean about the clip starting to snap though, please explain i may just be being thick here though

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 11:57:23

would it be the bit you have to push in, or the peg that holds it shut, i am going to look at my sport

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 11:58:08

which p&t is it

threecurrantbuns Tue 13-Sep-11 12:04:39

its the sport there are two little black, i suppose, pegs/circular bits with a hole in the middle, when you unfold you lift the top part of the pushchair up and its clicks into these catches/pegs parts either side.

Sorry prob a rubbish description!

threecurrantbuns Tue 13-Sep-11 12:05:43

prob be ok for a while, just was a bit shicked as its only a yr old, so i was told and i was hoping to maybe sell on if i dont need it when baby arrives or use it for a good few months and still possible sell on

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 12:09:10

yes, so is it one of these pegs that go into the hole that is snapping, if it is these are what keeps the pram from folding down again, so if one snaps the pram won't be locked on one side. but going to check mine for you

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 12:13:13

right have had a look at mine there is two one either side metal pegs these are what keeps it closed when unfold/setup there is also two plastic pegs sticking out of the sides on the outside of the pram right nest to the tabs you have to press in to fold, which ones are snapping, if it the plastic ones on the outside, then don't worry these are only used to keep the pram folded when you fold down the pram

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 12:24:32

just had a thought, mine may be different to yours, mine is a version1, does yours have little webbing straps with a hole at the end at the side near to were the plastic tab you push in to fold is

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 12:26:30

if pram is setup they will be higher up the frame

Moredofbumsnet Tue 13-Sep-11 13:03:35

My P and T is 2006 and the only damage is wear to the fabric, mainly under the shopping tray and slight compression of the foam handle cover. It has a date on the side (LHS below the hinges) so you should be able to check the age. I'd contact the seller if something is actually broken or starting to snap if they didn't alert you to this. The brakes can be really hard to engage, mine is fine to put on but I can't release it by foot if I'm not wearing shoes,have to ue my hand.

threecurrantbuns Tue 13-Sep-11 13:33:08

its one of the two plastic pegs sticking out of the side, was worried it might mean it wont unfold and lock one day. All i know is its a sport she said she got it 13mth ago.

will check the date part

Thanks

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 13:41:46

if we have the same version, then when you fold it up, you will see either side there is a web strap one longer than the other this strap goes over the plastic peg to keep it closed, if yours is like mine i doubt it is only 13 months old. i don't know what the version2 fold is like. it sounds like mine, did you buy it off ebay, i could have a look at the completed listings and see if i can tell

threecurrantbuns Tue 13-Sep-11 13:47:46

it wasnt on ebay was on a facebook for sale site will check the date bit now to see thanks for all your help will get back to you when ive figured it all out

threecurrantbuns Tue 13-Sep-11 14:47:37

Don't know if i am being dumb but can't find a date on it. But discovered its a v2

pramsgalore Tue 13-Sep-11 15:51:30

oooo don't know then sad, have not seen a v2 but think the folding catches are different to mine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now